Cupra Formentor VZ: Brembo and powertrain issues

Dec 27, 2022
Hello,

Did anyone had the same problems with new cupra.. 1 month old Formentor VZ 310 2000km:
1. Problems with Brembo brakes. They are squeaking when braking. You can also feel that the car is shaking.
2. Powertrain issue. Once there was notification that there is a problem with powertrain system, the light has disappeared but since that time you can hear noises when you are turning the steering wheel to the end (sounds like some rubbing on steering)- mechanic says that this is connected but they didn’t solve it yet.

if someone can give me some advice i would appreciate it :)

rubeck1s

Jul 15, 2022
Hi,

People are having endless durability issues on Cupras - you will most likely need a replacement every XXXX miles depending on your driving/breaking habits.

Regarding rubbing, it might be something I have had which seems to be 'normal'?

Reactions: Kranjo88

Oceanic

May 25, 2021
The brembo breakes has been squealing since day one for me on my VZ2, It is normal, to use the breakes more hard to from time to time to clean them can help... I try to motor break as much as possible though because of the gas prices...

slapheed

Jun 25, 2022
Hello,

Did anyone had the same problems with new cupra.. 1 month old Formentor VZ 310 2000km:
1. Problems with Brembo brakes. They are squeaking when braking. You can also feel that the car is shaking.
2. Powertrain issue. Once there was notification that there is a problem with powertrain system, the light has disappeared but since that time you can hear noises when you are turning the steering wheel to the end (sounds like some rubbing on steering)- mechanic says that this is connected but they didn’t solve it yet.

if someone can give me some advice i would appreciate it :)
noticed a few times when manoeuvring to park at slow speed, slight whiney noise from steering nearing or on full lock. This is intermittent tho.

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
I have had a VZ3 for 8 months. No brake issues, although I tend to drive on ACC, or across country (mix of sport/manual) with hard braking. Maybe I've found a sweet spot.

Regarding steering, I've started hearing rubbing noises at parking speed, again 80-100% full lock. Not sure if this warrants a visit to the dealer or not.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.