Cupra is not well !!!

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
Ok guys, so my cupra is unwell....

It all started last weekend when I woke up an the cupra had a flat battery and I later found out I had no oil at all....

Electrically, it seems all over the shop, in the morning the car struggles to start from lack of battery power. No matter how much driving is done the day before. Alot of the time i get in in the morning an the clocks had reset so it must have virtually died at some point. Also the climate control/radio just goes crazy, it often doesn't even turn on just shows as "off" and I can't get it on until I restart the car...when it does, then sometimes the temperature goes crazy and stops showing in degrees of temperature and shows L1, L2 ,L3, H1, H2, H3 etc...

Mechanically, things just dont seem right since discovering no oil and can't help but think I have damaged the turbo or engine ,there are noises that dont sound right during driving, it's very tappity now to. There is also some squeaky noises at high rpm..?!? There seems alot of engine movement to, creating alot of exhaust movement and rattling. maybe mounts need replacing? How many mounts are there? Best to replace them all? What sort of cost am I looking at?*

Any help would be appreciated....

On a positive side fully mopped an detailed her ready for the summer, so she looks nice just not working great haha

Cheers guys, much appreciated as always !!

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
My electrics used to do the same thing and also show the temperature like that, new battery solved that problem.

As for the mechanical issues the lack of oil may have caused some damage but without an inspection you will never know. I recommend, if you havn't already, change the oil filter, let it drain over night and then refill with the best oil you can get.

As for the 'tapping' it might be the injectors, have a close listen to the car as mine is 'tapping' or 'clicking' and its just the injectors.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Erm battery must be real weak for it reset the clocks, i would get battery and alternator checked,
had same issue with climate control clock ressetting every so often, and speedo mph reset too, turns out battery terminal was loose, so check battery and all earthing points......

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members