Temperature buttons not illuminated?

Nov 28, 2023
Hello one and all.

This is just a check really, but are the temperature 'icons' below the touch pads on the bottom of the infotainment section supposed to illuminate at night? Trying to see them at night is a real issue. I know I could go into the climate and change it there but it seems weird its no lit?

Cheers

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
They are not lit. Unfortunately that's how they made the car.

I usually just use tapping so it's a bit easier but still it can be a challenge to aim for the right spot.

Reactions: JaffasFormentor

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've seen some people buy tape that glows in the dark and then they put them at the right spots. Not sure how good that works. I just tap :).

I guess Cupra wanted to leave something for the facelift.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Non-illuminated temperature (and audio) ‘slider’ controls below the infotainment screen isn’t just a Cupra thing - the same design is used by other VAG brands (VW, and Seat; not sure about Skoda and Audi) in cars that have the stick on iPad style of infotainment screen with the slider panel below.

I’d hope that illumination will be added across all brands - not just Cupra - when an opportunity such as a mid lifecycle facelift arises.

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
This is the biggest big bear for me. Wait until you run out of washer fluid, no sensor!!!

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
This is the biggest big bear for me. Wait until you run out of washer fluid, no sensor!!!
Haha....I had that as was used to my last Audi A3 always warning me. Not the end of the world as I have other things the A3 did not have.

Have recently started using the voice commands a bit more to adjust temperature and turn on heated seats and it work fairly well.

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Now you reminded me!

One thing that I have to look if is possible to retrofit
Just little things that really annoy me about this car.

I can take not having gas struts to open the bonnet to save a little cash to spend on the leather interior, engine etc. But how much does a washer sensor cost, about 2 quid? Winds me up and why I cannot wait to get rid of the bloody thing