Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just seen the review on the clubsport and also saw a foreign video on the petrol Cupra. They sorted the wheel spin in launch control (in near perfect conditions at least). The clubsport nailed it in 5 secs. The handling and exhaust note on the clubsport seemed spot on. I was amazed. If the Cupra is anything like the clubsport it will be an awesome drive.

There's so much to like about this version.

I spoke to my local dealer, as if you are on a SEAT contract hire, you now have the option for the dealer to buy you out of your existing PCH to put you into a new car. I'm 4 months in to a 12 month extension on a 290. The problem was they wanted an extra £150 pcm exc deposit. At that price I have plenty other options which also include 4xdrive.

Reactions: Peller and Syphon

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Not a terrible deal for 1 month upfront. I'm sure the prices will come down when the car comes into market.
26a55a07850a324aa768f14f91818336.jpg

Oops, 4 year deal

Reactions: Syphon

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Same car that was reviewed on the site. Not UK spec unfortunately but this review sounds pretty positive about it, especially in terms of performance.

Saw this too 5.6 secs on the wet and 5.1 in the dry like the clubsport.
Noise out the back. I'm getting more tempted if the UK spec and deals get better.
Would love to see it back to back with the 2019.
Mine has been epic with ps4s.
Just wished they'd included the upgraded audio it'll be a shame to upgrade to new cupra and lose the beats audio.

Needs some skirts and a splitter too. The oem body kit transformed my Curpa. I was expecting something more aggressive like the R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peller and Jon89

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah it was going to happen wasn't it...

I still think the Cupra as a separate brand as a silly idea.,
It is daft.

They may want to be a Prestige / Premier brand but it does not happen overnight. Many people still believe it to be a Seat.

Would i put it in the same group as BMW / Audi / Mercedes. Certainly not. Where is the pedigree? Some advertising and branding 🧐

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Not really sure what the end game is, but it's definitely working. Never pretend it's about anything other than sales numbers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.