CUPRA Leon MK4 owner's register

What CUPRA Leon MK4 model do you have?

• Total voters

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Just got an order in for a VZ2 245 TSI. Time was ticking for the end of my current extension, should have it around march.

I'd ideally liked to have directly replaced my current 300st but I'm not paying stupid money for it, doubt prices will hit the lows of what I currently have. guess I'll just have to settle for now.

AndyRJones

Apr 28, 2021
Just got an order in for a VZ2 245 TSI. Time was ticking for the end of my current extension, should have it around march.

I'd ideally liked to have directly replaced my current 300st but I'm not paying stupid money for it, doubt prices will hit the lows of what I currently have. guess I'll just have to settle for now.
The dealer I got mine from has VZ1 2.0 245 in stock in desire red

AndyRJones

Apr 28, 2021
E0646794-DA98-491E-8D97-8597B403038E.jpeg

Here’s mine and my sons motor !!! Lovely car

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Finaly took a few photo's when out to cut the MIL's grass. Car has performed great so far and no infotainment issues yet.

P5180167.jpg

Attachments

• P5180168A.jpg
    P5180168A.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 152
  • P5180169.JPG
    P5180169.JPG
    783.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P5180170.JPG
    P5180170.JPG
    738.1 KB · Views: 164
  • P5180171A.jpg
    P5180171A.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: Syphon

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Of the 68 owners of the new Leon, 40 have gone for the full petrol and 28 for hybrid versions. Would have thought that the leccy No's would have been higher seeing as it is supposed to be the future for transport.

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Of the 68 owners of the new Leon, 40 have gone for the full petrol and 28 for hybrid versions. Would have thought that the leccy No's would have been higher seeing as it is supposed to be the future for transport.

I went for Hybrid for Diesel at the time going up, but wanted MPG and a bit of Speed thus having the ability of "Controlling its MPG" over a standard ICE. Of course there's no match against the 310HPand at the time of ordering Petrol wasn't a problem , now its going up I'm pleased i went to hybrid, that i can Easily sit in traffic on the motorway and get 85MPG or more and put my foot down now and again. But all of that is Undone if i went for an ICE Version and can sit at a Power Station not worrying about some car dings as such is a little rest bite I still love the car thou. .

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

The_Neen

Jan 4, 2022
Finally picked up my VZ3 300! Just shy of a 10 month wait...

Attachments

• 20220625_183056.jpg
    20220625_183056.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Seastormer

wibble

Aug 21, 2021
Cancelling my order for my VZ3 Cupra Leon Estate with Pan Roof and XL pack and have bought a BMW 530e XDrive MSport. Just sick of waiting and seeing people with multiple issues with their new cars in this forum. I ordered in August 2021 and did not even have a formal estimated date merely an assurance that it would be MY2023 and should be quarter 1 2023. I wish you all good luck with your orders! If anybody here works for Cupra perhaps you could relay the message that they should pull their heads out of the sand!!

• Sad
Reactions: Syphon

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Cancelling my order for my VZ3 Cupra Leon Estate with Pan Roof and XL pack and have bought a BMW 530e XDrive MSport. Just sick of waiting and seeing people with multiple issues with their new cars in this forum. I ordered in August 2021 and did not even have a formal estimated date merely an assurance that it would be MY2023 and should be quarter 1 2023. I wish you all good luck with your orders! If anybody here works for Cupra perhaps you could relay the message that they should pull their heads out of the sand!!
Dam wibble you waited for so long for to say your car would be there for 2023 I'd be even more peed too thinking of it. Hope you get the car that you want m8 even looking at some industries is well over a 1 year waiting list unless its a late cancellation but over 2 years . ☹

Last edited:

ColsEars

Feb 11, 2019
England
My VZ1 5DR 245hp TSi arrived this week, in the Bright Silver, to replace a MK3 295hp Seat Leon Cupra lux, which I have loved owning (or more correctly leasing) for 3.5y. Initially quite surprised about the power drop off for the 50hp difference, has really lost that "throw you back in your seat" feel - although, might get better when the engine has seen a few more miles on it....and if it doesn't might look at a chip.
Was ordered in Jan and was with the dealer in mid July which was 6 weeks earlier than the original estimate so was pleased with that.
First impressions are that the interior is a definate improvement, although the cloth seats aren't as good looking as the full leather ones I had in the previous one. Handling and ride are improved which I didn't expect - although the increase in comfort may be down to the slightly smaller wheels (18" v 19").
Still getting to know the infotainment system, but having issues with the Cupra Connect App recognizing me as the Primary user, even though i have gone through the process in the vehicle will have to try again with both keys I think.
My kids will be pleased they have a bit more room in the back, and Seat/Cupra also seem to have slightly enlarged the boot opening which makes getting the golf clubs in a bit easier.
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 12.45.33 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Seastormer

Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My VZ1 5DR 245hp TSi arrived this week, in the Bright Silver, to replace a MK3 295hp Seat Leon Cupra lux, which I have loved owning (or more correctly leasing) for 3.5y. Initially quite surprised about the power drop off for the 50hp difference, has really lost that "throw you back in your seat" feel - although, might get better when the engine has seen a few more miles on it....and if it doesn't might look at a chip.
Was ordered in Jan and was with the dealer in mid July which was 6 weeks earlier than the original estimate so was pleased with that.
First impressions are that the interior is a definate improvement, although the cloth seats aren't as good looking as the full leather ones I had in the previous one. Handling and ride are improved which I didn't expect - although the increase in comfort may be down to the slightly smaller wheels (18" v 19").
Still getting to know the infotainment system, but having issues with the Cupra Connect App recognizing me as the Primary user, even though i have gone through the process in the vehicle will have to try again with both keys I think.
My kids will be pleased they have a bit more room in the back, and Seat/Cupra also seem to have slightly enlarged the boot opening which makes getting the golf clubs in a bit easier. View attachment 33222
Looks good, but I looked at the performance figs b4 I ordered my 300, as I did not want something slower than my 280. The 300 was tested by Autocar and they got 5.6 in the wet and 5.1 in the dry and I can agree it is quicker than the 280. It is based on the Golf GTI clubsport and then tweaked by Cupra.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
My kids will be pleased they have a bit more room in the back, and Seat/Cupra also seem to have slightly enlarged the boot opening which makes getting the golf clubs in a bit easier. View attachment 33222
Good looking car, I have an identical one in the urban silver! I traded an FR in for mine, so the performance for me is an improvement. I did test drive an 18 plate 300 which was excellent, but couldn’t stretch (without a lot of grief from the boss at home) to the mk4 300. Loving the car, except for the few infotainment irritations, certainly not enough to put me off keeping it though. I’ve added after market heated seats, the same company that added them to my FR, excellent job and well worth the £495.

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Finally getting back in a Leon after a couple of years. Pick up my 310 estate tomorrow. Best be worth the wait.