Cupra R, Airlift , 3SDM

tony08hooper

Oct 24, 2012
caterham surrey
What's the ride like and driving hight?

Hi mate,

Its difficult to explain height without pictures, But..

The ride is not bad at all, I would have said theyre better than a **** set of coilovers.

The thing with air suspension is that the more air you have in the bags the harder the ride becomes.

So the best thing to do is to drive it as low and as practically as you can for best ride comfort. The beauty is that if you come across a speed bump you can simply flick a switch and up it goes in a matter of seconds.

You have to remove the ARB aswell which is a compromise on handling, But i guess you dont buy air suspension for the handling :)

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
Hi mate,

Its difficult to explain height without pictures, But..

The ride is not bad at all, I would have said theyre better than a **** set of coilovers.

The thing with air suspension is that the more air you have in the bags the harder the ride becomes.

So the best thing to do is to drive it as low and as practically as you can for best ride comfort. The beauty is that if you come across a speed bump you can simply flick a switch and up it goes in a matter of seconds.

You have to remove the ARB aswell which is a compromise on handling, But i guess you dont buy air suspension for the handling :)

Cheers for the info mate
Going to get it booked in soon

J41R0

Jan 23, 2007
CupraR2_zps0e6901ba.jpg

Hi, nice car mate :)
you put 20mm spacer on the front 8.5J wheel? i have the same set as you, but only with 15mm spacer and the front wheel comes to much out of the car :S
http://1drv.ms/1LducBI
check those imagem i took from mine with the 15mm spacer
what did you do?
do you have diferent disc and caliper from the original brembo from Cupra R?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise