• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Yes I have one key fob so using that for now.
Sure, but if two people are using the car with their expensive phones and mobile digital keys but only one fob, whoever is using the car has to remember to take the key fob with them in case they get stuck in a difficult parking situation.

Yeah, all right, it's unlikely, but all of these nit-picky gotchas are starting to add up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg
Sure, but if two people are using the car with their expensive phones and mobile digital keys but only one fob, whoever is using the car has to remember to take the key fob with them in case they get stuck in a difficult parking situation.

Yeah, all right, it's unlikely, but all of these nit-picky gotchas are starting to add up.

If it had been a factory order I would have ordered a second key. Raval is mine and Born my wife's so never been an issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pmac16
I have the same issue even though my phone is over 18 months old does not support UWB, so cannot walk up to and away to unlock. Not set up the Smartcard yet, but will stick with using the key until I upgrade my phone early next year. Agree it is a pain as my wife's phone supports it, only issue was that when she walked to her car my car opens so now removed digital key from her phone.
I ended up buying a second key. I think that treating a phone like a digital key is a clever idea but it should be an additional feature rather than a replacement for an existing, well known solution.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg
Loving my v2 LE the only thing I cant figure out is it possible to lower the seat?

It just feel relatively high but it could be due to climbing from m135, although daughter made same comment lol?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg
Page 121 of the owners manual. It took me a while to figure this out, too.

1791101361588.png
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jezyg
Not set up the Smartcard yet, but will stick with using the key until I upgrade my phone early next year.
Unfortunately, you cannot set up the Smartcard unless you have a compatible phone. I checked the procedure yesterday as an alternative to buying another new phone. You have to set up the Digital Key on a compatible phone then use the compatible phone to set up the Smartkey. You can probably set it up via your wife's phone but only if it is defined to the Primary User on the car.
Since neither of us has a compatible phone, we can't even do that!
And at £350.00 for a second key, that's not going to happen either. I don't think Cupra have really thought this one through.
 
Unfortunately, you cannot set up the Smartcard unless you have a compatible phone. I checked the procedure yesterday as an alternative to buying another new phone. You have to set up the Digital Key on a compatible phone then use the compatible phone to set up the Smartkey. You can probably set it up via your wife's phone but only if it is defined to the Primary User on the car.
Since neither of us has a compatible phone, we can't even do that!
And at £350.00 for a second key, that's not going to happen either. I don't think Cupra have really thought this one through.
I was talking to my dealer about the smart card and he reckoned it was only worked for 24hrs, after you set it up.

I still haven't been able to set the digital key up, despite having a compatible phone, keeps coming up with a message about accessing Google wallet
 
I was talking to my dealer about the smart card and he reckoned it was only worked for 24hrs, after you set it up.

I still haven't been able to set the digital key up, despite having a compatible phone, keeps coming up with a message about accessing Google wallet
Yes, it has to be set up through either Samsung or Google wallet. If you have a Samsung phone you may already have set up Samsung wallet as we have.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pmac16
Yes, it has to be set up through either Samsung or Google wallet. If you have a Samsung phone you may already have set up Samsung wallet as we have.

I hope it accepts Google Wallet even if you have a Samsung phone, I also have a Wear OS watch (Oneplus Watch 3) with Google Wallet so. I also hope this time also the smallest Samsung in S27 series gets UWB support, about time this UWB becomes a more common feature and hopefully not in so distant future not only something you see on more "flagship" models only. Feels like Cupra is a bit ahead of time in its choice in giving one key fob + digital key before the UWB support is widely enough supported especially for a car in this price segment. Within a few years it's probably not as big of a deal I suppose and I expect it to become a standard practice among a lot of cars in the future just not as long as the UWB feature isn't a widespread thing and not a premium feature similar to how NFC became a feature in almost any phone with time. Sure we have NFC unlocking too but it's not as convenient in comparison. Digital keys for cars is quickly becoming a thing these days though so I expect this will probably drive the feature downstreams to also to more non-flagship models in near future.
 
Last edited: