Cupra Review by Carkeys

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
There's one big difference. The Cupra was driven on Spanish roads and the FR on UK ones. David Ross seems a bit obsessed with the ride quality of cars so he might change his mind when he drives the car over here. Here's hoping he doesn't.:)

Odd that because with all respect to the Spanish, their roads are not that great either, at least the ones I've driven on :blink:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Its a poor argument though, to praise the car on Spanish roads, and then slam it on UK roads.

The problem isnt the car, its the shocking state of our roads.

I agree. I think he was in a bad mood when he tested the FR (perhaps m0rk upset him!) as he criticised the poor visibility and road noise but doesn't mention them in the latest review.

Perhaps the Spanish catering was better than the English version. Maybe he was a bit starstruck by Gabriele Tarquini being there.:whistle:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Reading the Cupra review again I think the car comes over as a really good all rounder, maybe not the very best in some areas but with no real weaknesses either. Surely that was the great strength of the Leon Cupra R?

I think some of the reviewers should consider what it would be like to live with the car day after day rather than just blasting it round a track.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
the reason that there was so much difference between the FR and Cupra review is that the FR was reviewed by David Finlay and the Cupra by David Ross. In Finlays review of the FR he mentioned that some of his fellow workers loved the FR whereas he hates it. Im sure he will hate the Cupra too. Nevermind I want one.

Santa I will be a good boy, honest!! :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.