Cupra tyres, whats recommended & whats not

Y444GAR

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's are a very good tyre in wet and dry conditions.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
The Uniroyal Rainsport 2's I've just fitted are awesome in the wet. Also good on the greasy roads of late.

The OE Pirelli Rosso's were crap!!

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I used to have Bridgestone Potenza's. But I found they were rubbish in the wet and mediocre in the dry.

I now have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics and the difference is phenominal. Only thing i'll say is, I dont find them as good in the wet as some have found them. But saying that, I dont blast the car in rainy conditions so I havent really pushed them to find out. In the dry though ;) magic stuff!

If you've been cornering hard in them for a little while, and you get out and feel them, they become slightly tacky. And they defo feel glued to the road :D

k1_kid

Ive just got the Goodyear F1 Asymetricals, £107 a corner, excellent in the wet aswell....

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
i got a npair of hancook tyres for my cupra over winter and they seem fine,and at 98 plus vat not badly priced,,,and one of only a few with rim protector,so gives alloys a bit of protection from kerbing.....has anyone else tried these

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
i got a npair of hancook tyres for my cupra over winter and they seem fine,and at 98 plus vat not badly priced,,,and one of only a few with rim protector,so gives alloys a bit of protection from kerbing.....has anyone else tried these

I put 4 of the V12 evo's on the GF's car last summer. They seem to grip well and were good through the winter with all the snow and slush. Her car was better to drive in snow than mine when I had the FK452's on.

Her's are 16's and seem to be wearing well too.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise