Cupra vs 350z

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
acidstrato said:
alot of people have been posting times in SimonLs thread knowing that he doesnt ask for proof...so its prob for the best im not running that website cos half the results wouldnt be on there without proof of the run

I dont care if people have proof or not, its just a table ive flung together to compare different stages of tune.

Its easy to see which ones stand out from the pattern.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
GaryM said:
Now that was a thread that went off course!!
I witnessed Cuprabaz's Ibiza going down the strip and its very fast indeed, I really can't see why that isnt an extremelly low 14second car.
yeah i can believe that, tbh i dont think it'l belong till he cracks 14s

and if its at pod atleast wilko wont have much to comment on ;)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Simon L said:
I dont care if people have proof or not, its just a table ive flung together to compare different stages of tune.

Its easy to see which ones stand out from the pattern.

yes i know mate, it wasnt a crack at u, its just little things really bug me like that, and im very sceptical

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
well not want to seem like im pointing the finger but achieving a time under say 15.3 while the car is standard and full phat just seems too good to be true

as mentioned in the table i made 15.7 standard myself and im not a small fella so someone smaller/lighter than me could easily knock a few tenths off my time, but i really cant see that much of an improvement...i know its not much but then when u consider that a couple people have failed to break 15s when modified and then theres some people with k03s upgrades and there not that far ahead of people running standard cars??

not saying its not doable though, id just like to see the slips

beattie's most recent time in his last post in ur thread id love to see for a start

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
missed a few bits though aint u.....

some random guesses here but

supersprint...200quid
k&n 100quid
4bar 40/50quid
water inj ???? prob either a 100quid+ kit or a diy setup still 40quid or so probably

im not making anything of it mind...its just surprising how it all mounts up, and just think thats with a diy intercooler...would be alot more again if u had gone with a kit

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
acidstrato said:
missed a few bits though aint u.....

some random guesses here but

supersprint...200quid
k&n 100quid
4bar 40/50quid
water inj ???? prob either a 100quid+ kit or a diy setup still 40quid or so probably

im not making anything of it mind...its just surprising how it all mounts up, and just think thats with a diy intercooler...would be alot more again if u had gone with a kit

whoops...
water injection not rigged up and purchased for my rs turbo.
4 bar fair enough £35
exhuast fitted
K&N was given to me from a mate with an st150.....i made it fit:)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
ok but just because they were given to u though doesnt mean they have no value or impact on the car lol

it just means that ur lucky to not have had to pay for it all!

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Icecavern said:
sorry got you mixed up with another ibizacupra.

TBH thought it doesn't matter who won. Chipped Ibiza over a 350z... I know which one I'd rather drive. And it's rear wheel drive :lol:

im with you on that one....nice motor's:D

ianbvw

Mar 28, 2006
norfolk
well thats killeds the 350z i will never own anything french! haha
id still have one tho! way more qiulity, comfort and gadgets!

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
Isn't it the same engine they used in the VelSatis / Espace (3.5litre V6)? Thought the clio was "only" a 3.0 litre? Still French though......

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
NeilW said:
Isn't it the same engine they used in the VelSatis / Espace (3.5litre V6)? Thought the clio was "only" a 3.0 litre? Still French though......

Yeah its still a french engine in it. I thought it was the clio one, My bad !

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
its certainly unusuall to be that way round, does anybody know if you can map a 350z yet they had loads of probs at first?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.