Cupra vs 350z

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Does sound about right. My 350Z actually feels slower than my old cupra purely for the flat torque curve. The Z is faster, but not by too much. Up to 80ish theres not a lot in it, which you would expect, but at higher speeds it pulls away. Straight line speed really isn't the reason I bought the car (infact it was way down the list). It was for the whole package. The handling is amazing, so much more involving and rewarding than an Evo or Scoob, it looks great, it sounds great, it feels great, its got loads of toys, its no slouch (quicker than all of the competitors in its class ie. Z4, Boxster, S2k, etc...)
If I had bought an Evo, I would have lost my license by now im sure. It constantly encourages you to grab it by its throat. Speed is all its good at, its all it was designed for! The Z is a much better all rounder. As a package, I couldn't think of anything better I could have bought for the money.
At least im one of the knowledgeable few that never underestimate a little SEAT box in their mirror though!!

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
theres a gtr 350z on the cards at the moment and a 450z too,450z is 4.5l v8 430bhp 4wd, needless to say the gtr if ever realised will be mental!

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
A low 14 car @ ~100mph. High 13's have been achieved as stock. Not quick by any means, but not a 15 second car (unless you have a complete **** at the wheel)!

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
how can anyone say a 350z is slow, my dad drives one and it goes well! ok maybe not aswell as some cars but you are talking about stock cars, if all your our cars are standard it'll kill them

cupracraig

i had a play with a 350z coming back from gti international after i had the revo trial and he couldnt keep up with me his smug little face soon turned green and his mrs wasnt too impressed either i just laughed and beat him off the lights again

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
that would make next to no difference to be fair, its not easy to tune a 350z without going for forced induction, however the only way a ko3 ibiza would beat a 350z is if the person driving was useless, a ko3s could keep with one but a ko3s is fast

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
lol u think 1500quids worth of mods make no difference??? are u having a laugh?

chuck that mony at a 350z will be a nice intake and full exhaust system with change, V6 NA tuning doesnt have to be compared to turbo tuning, 1500quid might not go far but it'l make a difference!

what alot of people seem to forget is that modified ibizas can hold their own with the best of em...add the new turbo into the equation and its better again..

straightline racing is just as much about the driver as the car...if u cant launch properly then u wont have much hope, as i been finding out frequently with my visits to 1/4 mile strips.

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
i know people who have changed manifolds etc and have been dissapointed with the results, you can super charge them for a little under 4k, money would be better spent there, looking at 350bhp,,,, i didnt mean litterally no difference!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
mind u some 1/4 mile results are a complete joke...typical example without mentioning names, on numerous occasions modified ibizas have been unable to break 15s (inc myself but mainly down to the heat) and then someone recently said they did in a standard ibiza...now unless that was very VERY stripped out alot, i am very sceptic!

alot of people have been posting times in SimonLs thread knowing that he doesnt ask for proof...so its prob for the best im not running that website cos half the results wouldnt be on there without proof of the run!

not trying to join in the ukmkiv banter against Ibiza 1/4mile results or how valid crail is mind, just being realistic

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
acidstrato said:
not trying to join in the ukmkiv banter against Ibiza 1/4mile results or how valid crail is mind, just being realistic

Now that was a thread that went off course!!
I witnessed Cuprabaz's Ibiza going down the strip and its very fast indeed, I really can't see why that isnt an extremelly low 14second car.