Cupra with aero kit?

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Just ordered a cupra and decided not to go for the K1 as i didnt think much to the rear and was glad to see that a lot of people agreed with me.
However I have seen a couple of cupras on here with the "older" (if you can call it old!) aero kit.
Was wondering what people thought about the combination? Does it suit? I am quite tempted now. Oh the car is white by the way.

Christian

Al

Aug 29, 2005
It is exactly the same as far as I have seen, and it looks the same (as bad) in my humble opinion.

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
The k1 has a single (vxr) style exhaust but on the aero kit you can have a twin
i think?

IMG_1452.jpg

k1rear.jpg

Last edited:

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
yeah, thats what i thought too. I much prefer the twin exhaust set up. Overall i think it is much more attractive kit than the k1

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

yep thats the case twin on the 'older kit'

Irfan

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

thats a good question, the i beleive the bumpers come as one peice but would have to check i will have a look into this on monday

Irfan

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
see the rear bumper with twin exhausts looks great on that cupra; I think my problem is that i like all of that kit except the front bumper; almost worth fitting all except that part except it would look half arsed

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

i like the kit but for me its too loud as a daily drive

i dont think i would be comfortable parking it in a car park while going shopping or even going out for the night

Irfan

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
The k1 has a single (vxr) style exhaust but on the aero kit you can have a twin
i think?

IMG_1452.jpg

k1rear.jpg

HEY THATS MY CAR!:)
Thought the kit was a little loud at first too but the more i viewed it the more i liked. I'd do prefer the front to the back. Like it loads now and have only had good comments when viewed in person. Don't shoot me for it but thought the CUPRA in standard form looks like all the other Mk2 Leons :redface: But hey i bought it for the engine[B)]

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Haha and I am just a poser :p
It is good to hear from someone who likes it too; will have to think on!
Nice wagon mate it has to be said!

May 13, 2007
saw the new k1 cupra on saturday in the new bristol dealer white with aero kit privacey tints etc looked STUNNING but must agree twin exhausts would be better now the cupra has looks to match its performance how it should have been all along

emkay dk

20"
Jan 5, 2008
Personal opinion but I think the "worst" thing about the aero kit is that you loose the cupras aggresive front and making the car looks like a 1,6 referance.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
I am with you on that one emkay, the front just isnt in keeping with what you would expect from such a powerful car; ah so many decisions!

emkay dk

20"
Jan 5, 2008
hehe nope - I'm still in my wintertrim :-D H&R springs (30mm) and 18" wheels but soon.... check out my signature for pictures!

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
you see I am going to display my ignorance and say, eh?
Really must get up to speed with whats available out there!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.