Custom Pedals

dansheep13

For my SEAT Ibiza 1.4 The accelerator is not long enough for me to be able to use the heel and toe technique and so i was wondering if there are custom pedals specifically for the ibiza or if any pedals will fit?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
For my SEAT Ibiza 1.4 The accelerator is not long enough for me to be able to use the heel and toe technique and so i was wondering if there are custom pedals specifically for the ibiza or if any pedals will fit?

Not sure about the 1.4 but i now the Cupra's ECU can't deal with heal and toe as it runs drive by wire as in no throttle cable.

As for custom pedals, maybe something like this....

http://www.sparco-tuning.com/pages/SPAsbv_pn.asp?PN=03784CRAZ&LN=83801000

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
nope 1.4's are like cupras they are drive by wire.

dan, drive along a PRIVATE ROAD at around 30 mph then while your foot is on the accelerator pedal, push your left foot gently on the break.
after about 1/2 a second the ecu realises you have your foot on both the accelerator and the break and cuts power to the engine. basically feels like your hitting the rev limmiter. horrible feeling and the power does not come back to the engine for a good 2 seconds, even with your foot on the floor.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
nope 1.4's are like cupras they are drive by wire.

dan, drive along a PRIVATE ROAD at around 30 mph then while your foot is on the accelerator pedal, push your left foot gently on the break.
after about 1/2 a second the ecu realises you have your foot on both the accelerator and the break and cuts power to the engine. basically feels like your hitting the rev limmiter. horrible feeling and the power does not come back to the engine for a good 2 seconds, even with your foot on the floor.

Ahh there you go then. Cause more bad than it would good if you did that while cornering etc.

dansheep13

how do u avoid the loss of power with braking and accelerating? Is it to do with the ECU side of the car?

dansheep13

and also i've just realised that I blip the accelerator whilst in neutral. does the same thing still happen?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
and also i've just realised that I blip the accelerator whilst in neutral. does the same thing still happen?

as answer to the post above the one i quoted. the since the throttle is drive by wire, the ECU will not let you break and accelerate at the same time.

and answer to the quote, what i do in the beezer when comming up to a quick corner is:

1) Initial breaking
2)go in to neutral give the throttle a good stab and shift it in to the gear you want for the up comming corner.

depending on how aggressive you are, the engine should be between 3k and 5k rpm. 5k rpm being the 'more aggressive'

3) once in gear continue on the breaks untill the curve of the corner is sigthed.
4) follow the curve of the corner accelerating out as the corner fades away.

by saying the above, i do not recommend you use this one the road, as there is no point as your not going fast enough. i do not take any responsability for the damage that you do to yourself, your car or any other road user.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.