CVR pull the plug!!!!!!!

Leonidas

This was writtin by Alan Gow on the BTCC forum. It was actually TDiLeonMike than asked the question....

CVR and Cartridge World have parted company, in the last couple of days.

However, a great deal of effort is currently being made (by both drivers) to run those cars for the remainder of the season - by a different entrant/team....although this may not happen in time for Silverstone, as it's so soon.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
This was writtin by Alan Gow on the BTCC forum. It was actually TDiLeonMike than asked the question....

CVR and Cartridge World have parted company, in the last couple of days.

However, a great deal of effort is currently being made (by both drivers) to run those cars for the remainder of the season - by a different entrant/team....although this may not happen in time for Silverstone, as it's so soon.

Different entrant team. Possibly Tempus Sport? I wonder if they would be willing to come back to the BTCC?

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Different entrant team. Possibly Tempus Sport? I wonder if they would be willing to come back to the BTCC?

Would be good if GR Asia did it, but Paul Ridgeway is/was commited to Maxtreme, (but not even sure Maxtreme will re-emerge, as one car got totalled, and another is for sale, with a 20v engine on Touringcarspares.com)

I do know however that some of the GR Asia techs that ran Adam's car at Team Air Cool, went to CVR with him, so there is still a connection.

HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT THE START OF A RUMOUR, JUST WISHFULL THINKING

Last edited:

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
It was deffo the CVR owned one (And not a "Fans" car), registration was correct, I just looked at my photo, and the ever so regularly updated and informative CVR website.
CVRLAUNCH2008.jpg

Press LAunch, Spring 2008
DSC05120copy.jpg

Silverstone 30/08/09

I've shown the Reg No, as this is a public display car, and is widely "accessable" on the web

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
Very happy that it isn't the end and that Colin seems dedicated to getting out in 2010. Because I am sure the BTCC has a history of teams who have been forced out and failed to make the grid for the following season.

Jason, I've been 100% behind CVR since day 1. And I've tried to stay positive.

But...................this time round, I'll believe it when I see it. Sponsorship is hard to come by, bigger teams have failed in less trying times.

I really want them to return in 2010, but I think they will struggle

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Jason, I've been 100% behind CVR since day 1. And I've tried to stay positive.

But...................this time round, I'll believe it when I see it. Sponsorship is hard to come by, bigger teams have failed in less trying times.

I really want them to return in 2010, but I think they will struggle

My sentiments exactly. Even I, with my total lack of any slight knowledge or experience on the issue, know through seeing it happen in the BTCC that companies don't want to commit money to something that in this current climate where money from their banks, for whatever reason seems hard to come by, is needless and uncessary. That is why VXR, and they are a factory team, will leave. General Motors, like many many many companies, I think, have the same issue obtaining money.
And if a big factory team in a prestigious chanpionship and one with a long history have to leave because the parent company of the manufacturer cannot get hold of money so easily what is the chances of a team like CVR?

That is why I suggest, as I think it is a good idea, to abandon ship before it sinks and look to other teams you feel your want to devote your time and support to.
Because for all I think theirs a percentage of touring car fans (mainly on other messageboards) who have spent such a long time in the BTCC and circulating in areas of the paddock newer fans wouldn't dare go, they know so much about the teams, drivers and cars of the past and present that any contribution newer and less experienced and knowledgable fans make would overwhelm it and make it appear small and not worth saying, what binds older and more knowledgable fans to the newer and less knowledgable touring car fans is the passion for the series.

I already have begun contingency plans in the event CVR don't make it. I began my interest in the BTCC back in 2001 till 2005 following WSR so why not go back to supporting them?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise