CVR pull the plug!!!!!!!

Well - the biggest challenge that any team faces whien securing BTCC level budgets (and lower to be honest) is due dilligence. No company in their right mind will support a team who has dubious finances, reputation or a ropy business plan (not suggesting this is ture of CVR BTW)

The reason the big guns (WSR etc) are able to secure these things is because they have multiple revenue streams, a long financial history to digest and credentials to support their bid.

It is incredibly difficult to get any money without all of these and more.

I don't want to seem down on them but I think their best bet is to call it a day - at least until they have the right business model to back it. Lower risk and perhaps they should cut their teeth in something where they can build up some racing credentials as well.

BTW - TRC Michelin Ginetta G50 Cup TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Don't know any detail - in all honesty, I'm not interested in the business end of those Leons anymore - if they're out there racing great - if not, it's a shame. It's all got messy and boring!

However - good luck to the ultimate comeback king - we're all rooting for you Flash.:lol:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
.................. I'm not interested in the business end of those Leons anymore ................................

However - good luck to the ultimate comeback king - we're all rooting for you Flash.:lol:

They may be owned by someone with a better business plan next year, fingers crossed ;)

Can't knock Jones, he went to CVR in good faith, took lots of sponsorship, and got mugged off, not his fault

Still, would be good to see Flash and/or Jones back out, cos they are both good drivers and decent guys that deserve to be out there.

They may be owned by someone with a better business plan next year, fingers crossed ;)

Can't knock Jones, he went to CVR in good faith, took lots of sponsorship, and got mugged off, not his fault

Still, would be good to see Flash and/or Jones back out, cos they are both good drivers and decent guys that deserve to be out there.

Don't believe everything you hear:( There was a lot more to that story than came out...and who got mugged off by who depends on who you talk to (as always)!

I'm not sure why the team would come back as CVR - anyone thinking of owning a BTCC team would be better starting agin - I'm not sure there's anything left of value in either the CVR brand or in collateral.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Don't believe everything you hear:( There was a lot more to that story than came out...and who got mugged off by who depends on who you talk to (as always)!

I'm not sure why the team would come back as CVR - anyone thinking of owning a BTCC team would be better starting agin - I'm not sure there's anything left of value in either the CVR brand or in collateral.

Wasn't suggesting CVR Hannah, maybe in the off season we'll see the Leon pop up on Touringcarspares website or something....who knows

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If every SCN member on the current activity list paid £25 a head per year to be a part owner in a touring car team it would secure a budget of almost half a million quid a year on it's own. ;)

However they would most likely want something for that £25 and I bet 90% of them wouldn't want to pay anyway. :doh: Even though lots proclaim to say they would support the site financially.

We would love to be able to support a motorsport team (ideally SEAT based) financially in part or whole, but SCN was always meant to be a hobby and not a business model, so the majority of its revenue stream goes into paying for it's continued existence.

The ad revenue would have to increase by a 1000 percent at least and I suspect the advertisers wouldn't swallow that. :p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Doesn't want to give up does he!

Shame that the Leon just won't perform there - wrong shape for that long WOT stretch

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.