CVR pull the plug!!!!!!!

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I'm just glad that something has been rescued. But I am extatic that GR Asia have taken over the role. Because atleast we have a more professional team take charge and one that may know what to do when things go tits up which I never got with Coil Neils team. And if they stick around for 2010 who knows what they will do with a clean slate.

Such a shame tha Jones isn't secured. Because he should have been the first thought since he was CVR's teams best driver this season. Though with one week to go till Free Practice and Qualifying at Rockingham theirs time.

Such a shame tha Jones isn't secured. Because he should have been the first thought since he was CVR's teams best driver this season. Though with one week to go till Free Practice and Qualifying at Rockingham theirs time.

I think those who stand up against adversity should be rewarded for thier resiliance! The team is under the 'Club SEAT' banner and it's Gordon who's put it together, not anyone else - this is nothing to do with CVR so whatever's gone before is not important in my eyes. Well done that man:D

The ultimate comeback-king! :funk:

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I think those who stand up against adversity should be rewarded for thier resiliance! The team is under the 'Club SEAT' banner and it's Gordon who's put it together, not anyone else - this is nothing to do with CVR so whatever's gone before is not important in my eyes. Well done that man:D

The ultimate comeback-king! :funk:

I like the cut of your jib first sentence but I an't got a clue what you are saying.;)

But I agree about the part at the bottom that it, put another way, is a clean slate for Flash' since the team are not around.

It will be interesting to see what GR Asia (somewhat a rightful heir of any top Independent SEAT team not run by them since they are brilliant worker of Independent Leons) will do with the cars that maybes CVR didn't think about doing.

I like the cut of your jib first sentence but I an't got a clue what you are saying.;)

But I agree about the part at the bottom that it, put another way, is a clean slate for Flash' since the team are not around.

Sorry - I was trying not to be harsh on Adam. Gordon got off his backside and sourced the funding to take him on...if Adam did, it hasn't been sucessful (or he doesn't want to) and so I don't think Adam deserves the drive at all. Adam's been prooving he's capable for years but never ended up with the manufacturer drive - that's why I was saying that previous performance is irrelevant! It's about who can bring the money.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Well, I think saying Adam doesn't deserve the drive at all is a bit harsh.

OK, Flash has secured funding, and hats off to him, getting money to field a car this late in the season ain't gonna be easy. But Adam has performed well this year, and we don't know the whole story behind the CVR withdrawal, other than sponsorship issues with "sponsors other than Cartridge World"
I'm fairly certain Adam will be looking for ways to get a drive, but his usual sponsors (Air Cool and Bodywork Solihull) may not have any more money to give. And certainly for the first half of the season, they seemed to be to 2 other main sponsors of the team, didn't see much in the way of sponsorship that Eaves may have brought to the table. Did Air Cool and Bodywork help prop up Eaves' lack of funding I ask?

And as I said earlier, at the start of the season, Plato popped up witha drive with just a week to go.

Well, I think saying Adam doesn't deserve the drive at all is a bit harsh.

My mistake - I didn't mean he wasn't deserving of a drive - no doubt he is, as many many other drivers are - just that he didn't deserve the drive over Gordon, given that it was Gordon who aquired the money. There was an implication that someone chose Gordon over Adam (might have been my mis-understanding) which was not the case. Gordon got the money, took it to another team and it had nothing to do with Adam. That's all I meant.

No another note - I guess having seen people loose money and jobs at CVR makes me feel more sympathetic to the individuals caught up in this rather than any drivers or sponsors. A lot of people put faith in the project and have lost out big time - people who can't afford to loose a weekend's pay. I just want to see team on the grid creating much needed jobs so the industry doesn't suffer.:shrug:

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
My mistake - I didn't mean he wasn't deserving of a drive - no doubt he is, as many many other drivers are - just that he didn't deserve the drive over Gordon, given that it was Gordon who aquired the money. There was an implication that someone chose Gordon over Adam (might have been my mis-understanding) which was not the case. Gordon got the money, took it to another team and it had nothing to do with Adam. That's all I meant.

No another note - I guess having seen people loose money and jobs at CVR makes me feel more sympathetic to the individuals caught up in this rather than any drivers or sponsors. A lot of people put faith in the project and have lost out big time - people who can't afford to loose a weekend's pay. I just want to see team on the grid creating much needed jobs so the industry doesn't suffer.:shrug:

Totally agree regarding both points. If theirs one thing I have learned above all following the BTCC is that the driving (sorry about the pun there) force in a driver getting out is the sponsorship. If you want to get out and if your not a Tom Chilton (who has a wealthy family or something like that) or for that matter Rob Collard or Colin Turkington (have a businesses money to fall back on), you have to get out and contact people.

On the second point, I would imagine the impact on the people who put the team together have lost out big style too. Not just the people who worked behind the scenes to pull the finances together but people like the pitcrew who are hardworking people who obviously aren't professional engineers etc.

people like the pitcrew who are hardworking people who obviously aren't professional engineers etc.

:blink: All the pitcrew were professionals (most former SEAT Sport UK people) (accept the catering) and the engineers who worked on the car over the season were - Jason's former Chief Engineer, Darren's former Chief Engineer and the chief data man for the the whole of SEAT Sport (worldwide). At Croft they had a stand in engineer who's list of winning teams is too long to mention!

I guess that's one of the reasons it's even more annoying for them - it doesn't look good on otherwise glittering CV's.:shrug:

So - as you can see - it wasn't a shoddy operation in concept.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Gotta agree with Hannah, 99.9% of pitcrew must be professional. Its a tough job. Not any old grease monkey from a back street garage could do it.

And yes, gotta feel sorry for these guys, now out of work, its these background anonymous people that get the cars on the grid, and more importantly, keep them there.
Its not there fault the organisational part of it fell to bits (for whatever reason)

Still, CVR had ex Seat Sport and GR Asia people, and with Flash running this weekend, I'm sure some of them will be working still.

(Fairly certain Jones had his old Air Cool/GR Asia crew with him)

Anyway, as Hannah said, most of the engineers/technicians are some of the best to grace the grid in recent times

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise