Dale's Bocanegra .. Car now for Sale + New shots . Updated 31/01/14

Deleted member 49882

Dale, how is the front splitter working out for you? Am thinking about getting it, but just not 100% sure. Am a bit worried about kerbs and catching it on them. My car isn't lowered, so am hopeful that it would be ok. If I order one up, I will be leaving it in for the carbon-dipping i think.

Edit: Just gone ahead there and ordered it. Can you tell me what exactly do I need in terms of fitting? I believe there is some cutting to be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale-T

LOVING MY BOCANEGRA :)
Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
Dale, how is the front splitter working out for you? Am thinking about getting it, but just not 100% sure. Am a bit worried about kerbs and catching it on them. My car isn't lowered, so am hopeful that it would be ok. If I order one up, I will be leaving it in for the carbon-dipping i think.

Edit: Just gone ahead there and ordered it. Can you tell me what exactly do I need in terms of fitting? I believe there is some cutting to be done?

Going well mate, still on the car :)
My car is standard height at the moment and i havent scraped it once
i am going to lower it by the end of next month but only gunna go 25mm at front so shouldn't be too bad hopefully :p
It's good you went for it coz it does make a difference, yeh the carbon dipping should look good!!!

Lukeyy

Apr 10, 2012
Watford
How was your revo map mate? I'm considering getting one done with a SPS switch by the end of the month to get the sale price. Where did you get it done and would you recommend them?

Dale-T

Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
How was your revo map mate? I'm considering getting one done with a SPS switch by the end of the month to get the sale price. Where did you get it done and would you recommend them?

I liked the power the map gave
Can't wait to get the car mapped again
And yes would recommend them :)

Deleted member 49882

Well I got my splitter direct from SEAT. They asked for £48 and I asked if that was the best price they could do. I ended up getting it for £42. Cost me another £120 to get it slightly modified, primed and sprayed gloss black.

Pierre_boc

Jul 5, 2012
Preston
Well I got my splitter direct from SEAT. They asked for £48 and I asked if that was the best price they could do. I ended up getting it for £42. Cost me another £120 to get it slightly modified, primed and sprayed gloss black.

Sounds good mate,

I've got a friend with a Sraying place so it wont cost me that much to sand, prime and spray it.

I'll email the sales guy at Seat now.

:)

Dale-T

Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
Fresh pictures :)

Seeing as this is the first day in a while of pure sunshine gave the car a full clean inside & out

Nothing really changed other than new tyres a few weeks ago(Conti sport Contact 3's :p) and my splitter is temporarily off the car :/

My lowering springs are finally arriving Monday so should get them fitted on soon :)

Here's a few pics :)

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

Deleted member 49882

looking good. Just noticing your wind deflectors. Ordered myself a set last week, so should be with me in next day or two. What springs did you end up going for Dale? 35mm Apex?

Dale-T

Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
looking good. Just noticing your wind deflectors. Ordered myself a set last week, so should be with me in next day or two. What springs did you end up going for Dale? 35mm Apex?

Thanks mate
Nice one
There a nice touch :)
I've gone for the H&R 25mm/40mm :)
seen pics on others Cupra/boc
they sit well :D

Dale-T

Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
BIG UPDATE (Now been lowered)

This update is long due but i finally got my H&R springs fitted yesterday
She sits 25mm at the front & 40mm at the rears
I'm pleased with the results makes the car look alot better & handle better :)
Does feel slightly firmer but nothing irritating

Two other lil updates are the 'B' logo's below the side indicators and he front splitter is now back on the car

Anyway here's the pictures a few when the car was getting them fitted then how she sits with them on th next day

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise