Damn Creak

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
I got my first dodgy spanish engineering creak today : (

It's on the panel thats next to the drivers airvent, the one thats faces the door when the door is closed (if that makes sence?)

Any idea what the best way of stopping it rattling is? it seems to have quite a fair bit of movement, on both the drivers + passengers one when the door is open, just thinking can i just shove a bit of soft foam next to it to stop it?

I'm one of these people that can't deal with noise! (i freak out at my cars road noise in the wet!)

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Hmm no Broken clips / no buckles, and there is definately the weird piece of foam there...

Hmmm, maybe i could just shove more foam or something in it.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
the noise could be from the black tube that the warm air goes through on route to the air vent, they seem to cause creaks and rattles so maybe stuff some foam around it

that's what I did to cure my silly rattle that I had in that area

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
the noise could be from the black tube that the warm air goes through on route to the air vent, they seem to cause creaks and rattles so maybe stuff some foam around it

that's what I did to cure my silly rattle that I had in that area

Ah nice one, i shall have a look when i can drive again (Why did i get my left arm tattooed again hehe, can't change gear now without pain)

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
ahh,

**** tattoist then lol

Nah i keep getting my arm caught on stuff / forgetting to seal it etc (first time = whole arm stuck to sheets when i woke up = lots of pain removing it, and lots of missing coloured parts) Second time, just scabbing etc because i was lazy to look after it, third time it should heal perfectly as i've finally found something that heals my skin fast)

My leg is ace however, it's just a whole arm of tribal is always going to be a bitch to heal. As is most black work on moving areas.

Last edited: