Damo’s Carbon Edition

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Loving these pictures and upgrades
Would love to put the R intakes on an ST as it gets rid of some on the satin black plastic. How often would I use fogs anyway.
Where did you source them from and are they readily available (price/part number ?)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Loving these pictures and upgrades
Would love to put the R intakes on an ST as it gets rid of some on the satin black plastic. How often would I use fogs anyway.
Where did you source them from and are they readily available (price/part number ?)

Local Seat garage parts department should be able to help with all of that.

Edit or use the site sponsor RPS/Listers

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Gloss black on the rear.

Also ordered a rear S boot badge in black from RB styling, should hopefully arrive in the next few days.

Hi Damo - sorry to jump in on this old thread, mods looking amazing! Im a newbie waiting imminent delivery of my Cupra 300 4Drive. Wanting to start with some simple aesthetic mods and have ordered a rear boot 300 Cupra/ black flag combo from RB Styling at just under EUR50. But they are charging EUR38 for shipping from EU ! - is this your experience? Anywhere else I could source a full black metal affair?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    82.3 KB · Views: 187

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It’s not an old thread, I’m still updating it as I go along LOL

sadly unless you buy the badge and have it painted yourself they’re the only place I know of that supplies those badges in black. So maybe worth buying other bits too. I bought a rear boot handle from them.

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
It’s not an old thread, I’m still updating it as I go along LOL

sadly unless you buy the badge and have it painted yourself they’re the only place I know of that supplies those badges in black. So maybe worth buying other bits too. I bought a rear boot handle from them.

Okay thanks Damo I'll take a look around, luckily am quite handy at the DIY stuff...
Also looking at some DSG rocker upgrades - came across these but I dont know if they would fit my 300 DSG (what is Type a and B?) - what do you think worhwhile doing or not...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Seat-Leon-...8eiZypUTxEjelx8jx11eRZhqYMpX05VkaArUREALw_wcB

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Okay thanks Damo I'll take a look around, luckily am quite handy at the DIY stuff...
Also looking at some DSG rocker upgrades - came across these but I dont know if they would fit my 300 DSG (what is Type a and B?) - what do you think worhwhile doing or not...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Seat-Leon-...8eiZypUTxEjelx8jx11eRZhqYMpX05VkaArUREALw_wcB

I like the DSG paddle extensions and use to have that very style on my Leon FR+. However the quality of them has moved on some what since those pictured. You can get ones that appear more part of the original paddle rather than a big block of plastic with a paddle attached to it.

So I'd say go look at some better ones that don;t stick so afar away from the steering wheel due to a bracket...

For example..

upload_2019-7-31_12-37-12.png

These are the same as my Carbon ones.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Even filthy the car looked great in the french sun today...

B5727671-F00D-4661-A7C6-808401D1D51B.jpeg

...sadly on the way down through France it’s developed a coolant leak. Oil and coolant was fine up until our stop over at Orlean. But somewhere between then and getting to our destination in the Dordogne it’s sprung a coolant leak. Oil still good.

Doesn’t lose a lot and only when it gets properly warmed up on longer journeys (ie oil to 105+ degrees). It will be no doubt need topping up on the way home next week.

Just got to decide, if it turns out it’s the notorious water pump, do I just get the intercooler done at the same time...

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

View attachment 9498

...sadly on the way down through France it’s developed a coolant leak. Oil and coolant was fine up until our stop over at Orlean. But somewhere between then getting to our destination in south of France it’s sprung a leak. Doesn’t lose a lot and only when gets really hot (ie oil to 105 degrees). It will be no doubt topping it up on the way home next week.

just go to decide, if it turns out it’s the notorious water pump, do I just get the intercooler done at the same time...
I think you already know what you'll do lol I think we all do haha

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I think you already know what you'll do lol I think we all do haha
Possibly. Sadly I’m no longer “the only gay in the village” I mean “fast car in the village” today when a C63 rocked up at the posh hotel in the village.

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson is round here at the moment too, not seen him but my folks are friends with the guy who does the canoes etc and he rented them for him, family and friends today...

Last edited:
Reactions: Legojon and Maypack

Deleted member 103408

View attachment 9498

...sadly on the way down through France it’s developed a coolant leak. Oil and coolant was fine up until our stop over at Orlean. But somewhere between then and getting to our destination in rhe Dordogne it’s sprung a coolant leak. Oil still good.

Doesn’t lose a lot and only when it gets properly warmed up on longer journeys (ie oil to 105+ degrees). It will be no doubt need topping up on the way home next week.

Just got to decide, if it turns out it’s the notorious water pump, do I just get the intercooler done at the same time...

She looks much better that little bit lower I have to say.

Yes get the intercooler and the pipework done at the same time.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Possibly. Sadly I’m no longer “the only gay in the village” I mean “fast car in the village” today when a C63 rocked up at the posh hotel in the village.

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson is round here at the moment too, not seen him but my folks are friends with the guy who does the canoes etc and he rented them for him, family and friends today...

See if Clarkson wants a drive in a proper car, then go get the Intercooler fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luluseat

Nov 25, 2015
Congrats for your car and your passion!
When you gave up the fog lights did you have any errors of missing or deffective lights?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On another note my car has not lost any more coolant since I topped it up before the journey home. That’s despite 34 degree heat and crawling traffic in Paris...

Reactions: Yellow fr

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So not made any mods in a while but I have something coming soon I hope.

With my interior having ‘CUPRA’ on the seats, decided the footrest should match the interior not the ‘CARBON’ on the exterior...

691B0845-200D-4C40-A14D-BFD4E08DE47B.jpeg
723DCAEA-52AA-4057-87A7-5EB99685EC2B.jpeg
AE6BBB71-661D-411F-AD34-84CAA12129C5.jpeg

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.