Dash computer what can it show?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Just wondered if there is any witchcraft you can cast on the dash computer that can make it display other parameters?

Particularly interested in how the car may have been driven in the last 20 miles or so?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The multi-function display has two sets of registers. You switch between them by brief pressure on the button under the stalk. A small "1" or "2" on the display shows which set is being displayed.

Set 1 accumulates readings for the current trip. Brief stops will be ignored, but the figures reset after a long halt (30 minutes I think).

Set 2 doesn't reset, just carries on counting.

Either set can be manually zeroed by holding the button under the stalk until the display resets.

The nearest you'll get to what you want is set 1, but it doesn't last long.

I reset set 2 after every visit to the filling station, to give figures for each tankful.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
I think set 1 figures are stored for 2 hours

Kind of. If you turn off the ignition but start again within 2 hours, then the figures in memory 1 get appended to. If the ignition is off for over 2 hours then the figures get reset. But it wont be a rolling set of figures ie. If i drive for 3 hours, then I wont lose the figures from the first hour.

Wanna take bets on how many people I've confused :)

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
yeh i reset my "2" figures after every fill up, its interesting to see what the average speed that you covered the miles at is mine is usually below 30mph probably because of all the times sat stationary with the engine runing

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Kind of. If you turn off the ignition but start again within 2 hours, then the figures in memory 1 get appended to. If the ignition is off for over 2 hours then the figures get reset. But it wont be a rolling set of figures ie. If i drive for 3 hours, then I wont lose the figures from the first hour.

Wanna take bets on how many people I've confused :)

Thats what i meant, should have said 2 hours of inactivity resets it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.