Dashboard creaking when going over slight bumps

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hi guys, recently i have noticed that my car's dashboard creaks when going over small bumps for example when there is a change in road surface and the is a slight difference in height of the tarmac. It seems that the front end of the car absorbs the bump no problem but the back thumps and causes the dash to creak. Thought it maybe had something to do with the shocks??

Any help would be appreciated!

Deleted member 13581

Welcome to MK4 Ibiza ownership. Its a factory option of creaky interior that all the cars came with. :lol:

Palmer

as said welcome to the world of mk4's ive looked everywhere to find where its coming from, i didnt find the head rest on the passenger side also creaked in my car but abit of grease fixed that one :D

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Thanks for the responses, i guess ill have to put up with it. I was thinking of sound proofing the cabin for example behind the quarter panels etc cos there is like no sound proofing whatsoever! whats the best way of going about this?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hopefully, i will not be on s**t wages by the time the car gets to that age and can afford something with a bit more oomph!

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
Creaks? Are you sure you don't have the old suspension bush issue?

Mines never creaked, just sounds like a Spanish drum festival with all the plasticky s**t rattling around in there, it's awful, anyone done anything? Foam etc.. :)

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Just had bushes replaced under warranty on friday, it has stopped the popping and clunking noises that i was getting but not creaks. i think i just have to accept that ths car is not as well put together as my last car!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.