Dashboard or sensor?? temperature and diesel gauges are off at same time/??!!!HELLLPP

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Hello guys.
Here is my problem. Quite often when engine is running or straight after switching on temperature shows -------- and diesel gauge is on 0. I know that there is half tank of diesel so it defo fault.
When its happened if im driving , some time after temperature gauge is back on normal, but not a diesel one. But if ill switch the engine off and on again, everything works ok.
Also ive noticed that before gauges stop working, temperature measurement are decreasing same as diesel one, before turn off completely.
Any ideas??? Did anybody had it before????

Ive checked this problem with dealer and report shows that its a dashboard. From other hand I know that 1 sensor controls temperature and diesel so is there is a chance that the sensor is faulty anyway???

Or shell I just disconnect battery for about 10 min and put all back on again, Ive heard that it might help.

ANY Ideas , please????

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
hey. Thanks. Will check. there is another thing. Sometimes only diesel gauge goes on zero, yellow light ( luck of diesel) flashing and couple of minitus later or back to normal. Any ideas ???

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
if its not the broken wire, its likely to be new cluster. quite common and cost around the £500.00 mark

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
its hard to say. first check the wiring in the footwell. then if thats ok id say your looking at a cluster. they are expensive as they contain the imboliser and it needs coding via the dealers

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
its hard to say. first check the wiring in the footwell. then if thats ok id say your looking at a cluster. they are expensive as they contain the imboliser and it needs coding via the dealers
I might sound stupid, but where is footwell is and what shell I look for??

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I might sound stupid, but where is footwell is and what shell I look for??

the footwell is the floor of the car. the wiring runs down the right hand side of the car under the lower plastic trims and the carpet. nees to be looking for any damage to wires or outer casing of the wires.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
if it is the cluster theres a high chance the car won';t run. Also check the cable on the rear of the cluster, these can become loose if the clip has not been attached properly.

You can get clusters recoded i beleive so you could fit a secondhand one and get it reprogramed to your car

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
if it is the cluster theres a high chance the car won';t run. Also check the cable on the rear of the cluster, these can become loose if the clip has not been attached properly.

You can get clusters recoded i beleive so you could fit a secondhand one and get it reprogramed to your car

Just rang a guy from dealership. He said that the part number of cluster has to be exactly same, is that correct?
There is a cluster on ebay, which has 1st half number exactly same as mine.

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
its just gave up again. Seems like it started to appear every day.
After short time temperature gauge is back to normal, diesel still on the zero!!!!! <angry>

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.