David Cook Motors - Oldham

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Toledo was in for warranty work yesterday.

I rang up Monday last week, told them of a problem with the climate control screen and a rumbly rear wheel bearing. Was told parts will be ordered and i would be called back to arrange a date for fitting upon their arrival.

Received the call Wednesday and was booked in for yesterday (Tuesday)

Arrived at 9am, job card was already out, courtesy car pulled up to the front door and off i went.

I was called @ 2pm and car was ready, arrived @ dealers, signed the job sheet and off i went.

If only all dealers were this easy to deal with

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
David Cook.

Oh yes, they were that easy for my warranty work too....

....unfortunately it took 3 such trips before the problem was rectified.:confused:

As a result, my Cupra is receiving it's first (10000 mile) service elsewhere.:think:

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Saul said:
what was your problem in the end?

where you going to for service?

Saul,

Warranty probelms were leaking front windscreen and defective rear windscreen heater, took 3 separate visits to get all 3 cured....not good when the dealers is 20 miles from home!:blink:

I'll be taking mine to Awesome GTI for the 10K service, £40 cheaper than a main dealer plus they'll treat it better (car was damaged by dealer on last warranty-work visit![:@] ) and also check above & beyond service schedule....can't be bad!:clap:

Add also that they are 2.5 miles from home!:D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Got to admit - ordering parts for you without seeing the car is a breath of fresh air.

I went through six radios in the Leon - each time when I rang up to tell them something was wrong, I had to book it in for the dealer to take a look (only for them to tell me that the problem I had mentioned DID exist). THEN they would order the bits and I would book it back in. And they usually don't offer courtesy cars for warranty work.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members