holies109.jpg

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Here's the inside of mine
14052009156.jpg

14052009154.jpg

I have seen people just cut the end off and weld an other piece of pipe on.

Deleted member 20376

Very little, maybe a bit more spooling noise.

i rekon mines had this done before i got mine.
i went in my m8's 03 lcr and i couldnt hear the dv (standard) or turbo spool, he has a decat,
in mine its a 55 lcr, the dv is quite loud(standard) and the turbo spool is loud. even before i had the map and n249 bypass. when it cam it had heat wrap around the charge pipe. so it had been taken off at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Have a search for "turbo silencer".

I would suggest that if that charge pipe didn't have a sleeve fitted in the charge pipe where he'd taken the silencer out, THAT might be why there's "no difference".

Deleted member 20376

Have a search for "turbo silencer".

I would suggest that if that charge pipe didn't have a sleeve fitted in the charge pipe where he'd taken the silencer out, THAT might be why there's "no difference".

sorry had to edit that lost post, i meant i couldnt hear it in his but i could in mine.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I really meant the difference between gb's debaffled and dk's - dk's has a sleeve fitted whereas if you done, it leaves a massive step in the pipe.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yep, and the worse thing is, when the silencer is out, the smaller diameter charge pipe goes into the big "can" thing causing a big lip. Hard to describe...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members