de-cat and engine management light???

mk1paul

hello just joined, looks like a great forum, im just after a bit of advice really, if you de-cat a leon cupra would it put the engine management light on because its picking up a fault via the lambder sensors? when plugged in at a garage the 02 sensor/lambder sensor fault code come up, is this right? for those of you that have got a de-cat system has this happened to yours? also if the engine management light it on does that me the car is in limp mode? if this is the norm or common whats the way around it?
any help is really appreciated :thumbup:

thanks Paul

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
you can get a light and fault code as you describe. you can have it mapped out via stage two mapping, or go on america ebay and get an o2 spacer. they use them on the impreza, it pulls the sensor out of the flow a little so it doesnt throw a fault

hth

mk1paul

ok thanks mate but the car has already been stage 2 remapped but im not sure if that was before or after the de-cat as is was done by a previous owner and im looking to buy the car with the engine management light on i had it checked out by my garage and thats what they come up with.
does the engine management light put the car into limp mode?

thanks again

mk1paul

also im told the car is running at 19psi boost is this ok? as im not clued up about turbo's etc.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
ah right,

if you can find out who mapped the car to stage two, they they can usually tweek the map for you,

is that the only fault that came up?

if its a lc then yeah 19psi is fine, if lcr then 19psi is low

mk1paul

yeah it is a lc, been rolling roaded and is running 247.8bhp but i havenet seen the graph as proof yet although it is present ive been told, i will find out the people that mapped it and give them a call, and a coilpack fault code came up but the car is ticking over fine so dont think that can be a problem :shrug:

thanks mate

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
247.8bhp is a lot for a LC, what supporting mods does it have?

I have a Wayne Angle block in mine that stops the light coming on while I save for my stage 2 map :)

mk1paul

whats a wayne angel block? and what do they do? its got a k04 turbo from cupra R, revo stage 2 remap, induction kit, n249 bypass, forge 007p dump valve, THS blue silicon boost kit thats all i think.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Revo stage 2 changes the paramiters so the EML does not come on due to the extra flow of a de cat.......if the light is on then I guess its actually telling you the sensor is shot or it hasn't been mapped right.........or its the other lambda sensor.

Surely Revo stage 2 isn't even suitable for a bigger turbo and you need a custom map?

I'm guessing its running standard injectors etc and thats why your at 247 and not about 270?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
yeah i can understand that,

you do save loads of money, its just buying a car knowing it does have faults can be a bit dodgy, esp if you dont know who has done it or why, i once saw a lcr which we deffinately thought had a coil pack problem, a week later the engine seized solid.

mk1paul

its got a k04 turbo from cupra R/s3 (so the previous owner told me), revo stage 2 remap, induction kit, n249 bypass, forge 007p dump valve, full exhaust system and de-cat, THS blue silicon boost kit thats all i have reciepts for.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.