Dealer Damage

YorkIbiza

Jan 8, 2008
York, North Yorkshire
I took my car for MOT on Saturday morning to my local Seat dealer, it failed on N/S/F suspension/wishbone bush or something.:shrug:

Anyway, they said they could do it the same day, so I left it with them at about 10am and had to rush to a University open day in Bradford with my girlfriend so picked it up later at 4pm.

Not thinking, I just collected my car and carried on as normal. After work last night I decided to give the car a good clean, first thing I noticed is a series of light scratches under the drivers door handel, im pretty sure these wernt there before as i would have noticed them as I got in my car, not sure how these got there, im guessing while they were working on it.

What has really p****d me off is that on the drivers door sill it looks like a hammer or something has been dropped and not only dented but, want of a better word, cut my sill in two places about an inch and a half long, now I know for a fact these werent there before I took it in. [:@]

What im wanting to know is, as I didnt notice/inform the dealer immiediately of this damage, do I have a leg to stand on if I take it back for them to do the repair as I know its there fault?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long winded rant, just a bit annoyed!

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Local dealer here will only pay for damage if your car is inspected when you take it in, like they do with there courtsey cars. Then you have to inspect before leaving the garage.

Dont think that is what you want to hear but.....

dede

Oct 20, 2008
im sure your gutted mate any 1 would be

prob not much ya could about it either

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You don't have a leg to stand on, sorry. Always check your car over with a fine toothed comb before you collect it. Car dealers do not treat cars with any respect, to them it is just another number.

I have had damage from dealers before and now I get the service manager to look round the car and report anything he spots on my car before I give them the keys. I find that when I do this the manager will go and have a word and my car will be treated with the care that ALL cars SHOULD get but sadly they don't.

You may come across as a bit of a geek when you do this but it's worth it.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Not sure where you stand but you've nowt to lose

Id go to the dealership in person, dont deal with them over the phone. That way its harder for them to fob you off. Also if you dont get what you want you can always raise your voice. I find this works well especially if there are other customers waiting or looking at new cars.

Good Luck

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Not sure where you stand but you've nowt to lose

Id go to the dealership in person, dont deal with them over the phone. That way its harder for them to fob you off. Also if you dont get what you want you can always raise your voice. I find this works well especially if there are other customers waiting or looking at new cars.

Good Luck

Yes, I agree, then if they do not do the honourable thing then name and shame them. I'd hope if they can identify "what kit" could have damaged the sill then they should put their hands up and admit it looks like it happened while in their care. I'd hope that not all dealers are complete bottoms, might need to talk to the service manager first, then if no luck the group's Seat dealer principal - as long as they are professional enough to have a traceable managment structure - if not then its off to the CAB.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.