dealer just confused me.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
2003 110 tdi toledo engine code ASV.
As i have read on here via La' searchy searchy,the general rule is 60,000 miles or 4 years,which ever is soonest.
local guy has quoted me £315 all in with metal impellor water pump.Just thought i would check with SEAT in hereford to see if they were competetive.
Gave them my reg and engine code,and they reckon 100,000 miles,i asked her to check again.She was sure it was 100,000 miles.
Now i am not going to doubt SCN,with so many threads saying 60k/4 years(well over 4 years old now anyway).
:shrug::shrug:

strugers1

my car 4 years old now at 50k and i getting it done next week

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
yeah think the handbook says first check at 60k then every 10k after then change by 100k. i changed mine on 62k or something like that for the leon.

general consensus is change at 60k

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Any cambelt is pushing 60K/4 years. And there is no point "checking" since you have to take it off to check if fully. Even a checked one can still let go next day.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
dont listen to them jase, the 110 engine is 60k or 4 years.

come on jase, what would you listen to the seat garage for anyway?! ;)

How much did they quote you?

It's booked in on monday morning.£314 quid,belt/tensioners/water pump(metal impellor)and coolant. all inc VAT.
cheers for the input guys,i had this feeling there was "something " different on cambelts over the last few years from VAG.
Funny thing is,even though its now 6 years old,since we have decided its "over due" my wife has started driving my company focus,and walking everywhere.:shrug:Bint

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members