dealer network?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
no idea where to put this,but it's about seat dealerships.

would 1 dealer help shift a car for another dealership?
basically if a car i wanted was a long way from me,would the dealerships work together to get it to my local one?
So if i did buy the car i could use my nearest dealer as point of contact should any problems arise/i need a service.
reason i ask,as i have bought a cordoba from scunthorpe and had to travel back up to get warranty work done on it,which was a pain in the ass.
It would be nice to drive to oswestry to have a gander at one,rather than 120 odd miles .

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
if it's a SEAT warrantee it's with SEAT - therefore you can buy from any dealer & get the work done at any dealer.

The supplying dealer has no hold on you for that, nor should any dealer turn warrantee work away

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
if it's a SEAT warrantee it's with SEAT - therefore you can buy from any dealer & get the work done at any dealer.

The supplying dealer has no hold on you for that, nor should any dealer turn warrantee work away

but you can always get half assed answers and general heal dragging.Its hard enough when you return the car to where you bought it from,never mind turning up at a new dealership.

basically i like to build up a relationship with a dealer.

Last edited:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I know that Land Rover have a national stock locator service, but its probably something that is run and subsidised by Land Rover themselves.
I doubt a Seat dealer would be prepared to haul a car from Scunthorpe to Ostwestry (for example) because there is no guarentee that you will buy it so then they've either got to put it into their stock or pay two lots of transport.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.