Debadging the letters - opinions?

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
each to our own but personally dont like the de-badged boot but love the no wiper though for the smoother look

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
ok, heres the idiots guide. ive been debadging for 20 + years. yer im old :cry:

best thing is a bit of garden wire, the kind thats covered with a protective sleave to stop it rusting. you dont even need hot water/hairdrier etc. just slip the wire under one corner of the letter or badge and pull it across like a cheese wire. no scratches !!! then just use tar remover and soak the remainder of the sticky stuff in it and gently rub it all off. if your lucky the sticky comes off in one go lol. i suppose warm water would help a bit..

simples - even a mongoose could do it :clap:

stig..

Zappa

Mar 19, 2010
I took them off last night, bit of a nightmare at the beginning....but it looks nice and clean now and polished up well.

I used a credit card and slid them off from underneath.

To get rid of the glue I used "sticky stuff remover", worked a treat. Rinsed the paint over and over with water and rubbed the surface clean with a soft cloth.

Then polished it and buffed it off. No marks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Is white spirit not paint stripper?

lol..

NO :no: White spirit is a weak solvent/oil that can disolve wet paint. nothing at all like paint stripper.Paint stripper is a corrosive that can eat dry or baked on paint. White spirit is very good at removing tar spots and sticky marks from car paint and does not damage car paint even if left for hours.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.