Decision on what "Wheels" ?

evoy2k2

May 30, 2007
Wolverhampton!
Now i have my new Leon im in the process of choosing the right set of Wheels :D

My cars black and would like some suggestions or pics of their black leons with there flashy wheels ;) Hopefully that'll give me an idea!

Im going for some 17's as unsure on 18's (Catching on full-lock etc)

http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/proddetail_fit.asp?prod=17Ace205HB

OR

http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/proddetail_fit.asp?prod=17NEWRS4

The above are what i like so far and do you think they'll go well with Black leon's?

Cheers :)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
18s wont catch on full lock as they fit them standard to the Cupra and thats factory lowered aswell. I think 17s will look lost on the leon tbh 18s all the way.

Out of the 2 options i would go with the rs4 although they have been done to death now.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
i just ordered a set of 17" bbs co's from rim style. theyre doin some real good offers at the minute, guy gary i talked to was real helpful. as for 17s loking lost, i was worried about that too, but my fr came with 17's, and with a set of springs it should be low enough to pull it off.

Theres a pic on one of my threads of a guy with 17's on his leon, its red, not black, but itll give you an idea of the size:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260811

when your in that thread, click on the guy who posted the pictures profile, jmp, then go to statistics and search the threads that hes started, theres a thread for a picture request for a lowered fr/cupra on 17's which another guy has posted a good pic of, with eibach pro-kit springs- lower by 30mm. i think it looks ok, but its really down to personal opinion

Last edited:
My 18 inch wheels with sporltine springs (50mm front 35mm rear):

027.jpg

022.jpg

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I'll agree with 17's looking lost as i think 18's sometimes look a bit on the small side... N.I. is full of nice leons, fully lowered on 19's, if you have the money i would suggest going down that route!

I like them rims knight-rider. What site did you purchase them off? Not sure what alloys to get.....to many options lol

They're Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with a red lip, they do them with red, blu, yellow white and just normal black. The black is matt with the colours but gloss on it's own.

I purchased them from wheel-base.co.uk based near manchester.

They worked out cheaper to get them fitted with tyres from there than buying direct from the makers (Rimstock) and then getting tyres from somewhere like camskill.

Yeah the r8 shape will suit the leon mate, I was looking at those in black with a red lip too. I also like the old VW Golf R32 wheels on the leon and the RS4 alloys the latter is very popular. I think as a general opinion most the VAG wheels look good on the leon. I've seen RS8's on a leon which looked great in the black and polish finish. It's all down to personal taste.

Nearly got these in 19" mode... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-TT-RS..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item3caad42859

evoy2k2

May 30, 2007
Wolverhampton!
Ill more than likely go for the RS4 type......they are nice and would suit my black Leon. You reckon i should go for 18's instead of 17's? I have the 1.9TDI stylance, wheel fitment wont be different to the cupra's ??

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Ill more than likely go for the RS4 type......they are nice and would suit my black Leon. You reckon i should go for 18's instead of 17's? I have the 1.9TDI stylance, wheel fitment wont be different to the cupra's ??

17s will look lost......deffo get 18s.

Being a stylance the suspension isn't as low as the FR/ Cupras so therefore i'd definately go for the 18's... even with my drop on them I have loooooads of room to manouevre. I've been on full lock on bumpy roads and still not catching or rubbing.

Offset will be the main thing to consider... you don't want them too far in and not too far out.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
What is the offset on the stylance's?

Im seriously considering the 18's, least ive almost decided on that :)

all should be the same...

i have 19s and running a 45 offset the rims sit square on the arch at the front and just slightly in on the rear.

i wouldnt go any lower an offset like 35 etc as the rims woudl then stick out a bit and look naff imo.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise