Delivery times

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
After 17 week my car is finally due at the Tyne dock on thursday, anyone have any idea how much longer i will have to wait after that till i can pick her up. i tried toring dealer but he is on hol

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
Mine was about a week, but I reckon that was pretty quick, I was ringing every other day when I knew it was off the boat :)

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
Mine was about a week, but I reckon that was pretty quick, I was ringing every other day when I knew it was off the boat :)

The message i got the other week from the dealer said she is due a the port of tyne dock on the 15th and it will take a few days to get to the dealer. I dont mind waiting but ive had no car since 4th feb and im getting a bit sick of waiting, the dealer knows i dont have a car so im hopeing he will push it through for me. i tried to ring him today but he is on hol the woman on reception told me they usually say 2 weeks from docking...i hope he rings on monday when he's back and says its there

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
she here, the ship got into doc today and is due to be unloaded at 6am in the morning

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
she here, the ship got into doc today and is due to be unloaded at 6am in the morning

Ditto...just got a call from the dealer in Bury this morning to say a load of cars have arrived. Could be ready for me next week!

Not sure if that is too quick as they said a bit of work was needed to prep it as I am having it treated.

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
Ditto...just got a call from the dealer in Bury this morning to say a load of cars have arrived. Could be ready for me next week!

Not sure if that is too quick as they said a bit of work was needed to prep it as I am having it treated.

What treatment are you having on it?

FAZ

Feb 6, 2002
Rossendale
Visit site

Did you order your car at Bury and not Preston? What date did you order yours? It will be interesting to know how long mine will take I ordered on the 22nd Feb.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Did you order your car at Bury and not Preston? What date did you order yours? It will be interesting to know how long mine will take I ordered on the 22nd Feb.

I ordered from Bury on 23rd Jan. I make that around 12 weeks and another week before pickup (after arriving at dealer)

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I like your order FAZ, park mine next to yours when it arrives would look good as you have red interior seats and mine will be white :)

FAZ

Feb 6, 2002
Rossendale
Visit site
I like your order FAZ, park mine next to yours when it arrives would look good as you have red interior seats and mine will be white :)

Hi chrisjgill, just had the call mines in too..7 weeks from ordering. I guess they are sat next to each other in the yard:) How much are they charging for the lifeshine? I just asked about mats and they said they are not included, but I read a thread on here that says that Seat include them on all new cars:confused:

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Hi chrisjgill, just had the call mines in too..7 weeks from ordering. I guess they are sat next to each other in the yard:) How much are they charging for the lifeshine? I just asked about mats and they said they are not included, but I read a thread on here that says that Seat include them on all new cars:confused:

Thats wicked...didnt take too long either. Maybe SEAT had a few cars spec'd like ours that were waiting to be shipped.

I managed to get LifeShine and Mats thrown in although I have seen that thread too so guess its not costing the dealer much to give them away. I just dont want them to miss anything by rushing or I'll only end up having to go back.

TBH, SEAT Bury have been great in the past so should all be ok!

rbmike

Feb 10, 2010
Thats wicked...didnt take too long either. Maybe SEAT had a few cars spec'd like ours that were waiting to be shipped.

I managed to get LifeShine and Mats thrown in although I have seen that thread too so guess its not costing the dealer much to give them away. I just dont want them to miss anything by rushing or I'll only end up having to go back.

TBH, SEAT Bury have been great in the past so should all be ok!

i managed to get lifeshine and mats thrown in but like u im sure i read certain trim levels get mats free, im sat lookin through book now to see if i can find where i read it, then im goin to see if i can get the price knocked off the sport pedals the dealer are addin when it gets there, im sure dealers charge 50 quid for a set of mats

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
I am having LifeShine applied and last time it was done to my DSG FR in 2008, it was left overnight

They are saying now it could be done in the morning and pick up evening..

Might help a bit more on the stone chip side of things. Are the base paints more prone to chipping than custom pallets? :shrug:

Still waiting for the dealer to come back to me re stone chip protection for the front. From other post’s, Leons are quite prone to this from the environmentally safe water based paint that is now used.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
i managed to get lifeshine and mats thrown in but like u im sure i read certain trim levels get mats free, im sat lookin through book now to see if i can find where i read it, then im goin to see if i can get the price knocked off the sport pedals the dealer are addin when it gets there, im sure dealers charge 50 quid for a set of mats

Good point. My dealer is going on hol so is trying to rush it through. However, I want pedals, arm rest and ipod cable ordering. Not sure if I should just pick up and go back a week or later to get them fit.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Might help a bit more on the stone chip side of things. Are the base paints more prone to chipping than custom pallets? :shrug:

Still waiting for the dealer to come back to me re stone chip protection for the front. From other post’s, Leons are quite prone to this from the environmentally safe water based paint that is now used.

I think they are more prone, although saying that the long term test I read the other day on autoexpress of their orange leon FR was suffering the same fate. So I guess not?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/longtermtests/250363/seat_leon_fr_tdi.html

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.