Delivery times?

Apr 17, 2021
I know early days yet but anyone tried to start a lease deal yet? What is the lead in to delivery?

My employer is starting a salary sacrifice scheme in May and the delivery time slot may be the decider for us. We are looking at multiple cars but most of the ones you can get within a 6 month window are SUV/crossover or larger than we want them to be or perhaps too premium.

We just want a small good looking electric hatch as we already have a larger car for the family outings.

Replies appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
I know early days yet but anyone tried to start a lease deal yet? What is the lead in to delivery?
Yes, placed order with lease company back in January, which has supposedly been converted to a dealer order for delivery mid-October - 3 months later than originally estimated, but that was before Russia moved their patio furniture into next-door's back garden, so probably fair enough.

One note of caution - we visited the JCT600 pop-up shop in Trinity Leeds earlier this week (quite surprised to see a Born in a shopping centre!) and had a chat to the chap there, coming clean about having already ordered via a lease company. He suggested that we should probably prepare for significant slippage on this date, although he did say that getting in right at the start might possible avoid the worst of it. Supposedly new orders going in today are getting quoted "12 months, minimum" for delivery, which isn't great news.

Anyway, all vague and second-hand info, but might be worth making a few enquiries about this prior to placing an actual order. Most lease companies are very much aware that delivery schedules are the number-one most critical piece of data right now, so they should be pretty open with you about it.

Good luck!

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
I’ve just ordered the V3 77kW model and the sales guy showed me the expected waiting times for every model Born on their system. Mine was 5-9 months.

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
I’ve just ordered the V3 77kW model and the sales guy showed me the expected waiting times for every model Born on their system. Mine was 5-9 months.
FWIW, mine took around 4-ish months to turn up from first order at end of March to arriving at the end of July. Very happy with it. We've got the V2 58kWh version and the only things I wish we'd gone for is the uprated stereo and the keyless entry (which I completely forgot to do!) but otherwise the car has been very good and we're very happy with it. The active cruise control is superb and in slow-moving traffic is a huge stress-saver.

FWIW, the 77kWh wasn't available when we bought ours, but I wouldn't buy it even today. The range has been good (230-250 miles, although falling now the weather is cooling) but we rarely get close to this. Typically, we maintain the car at 80% charge to keep the battery healthy and it's rare for it to ever drop below 40% in our usage. The 77kWh version does have a couple of penalties, most notably weight and, I believe, it's only a 4-seater due to chassis weight constraints from the ID.3 platform.

Good luck with yours. If my experience is anything to go by, the next few months will crawl by!

Reactions: Hurdy

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
FWIW, mine took around 4-ish months to turn up from first order at end of March to arriving at the end of July. Very happy with it. We've got the V2 58kWh version and the only things I wish we'd gone for is the uprated stereo and the keyless entry (which I completely forgot to do!) but otherwise the car has been very good and we're very happy with it. The active cruise control is superb and in slow-moving traffic is a huge stress-saver.

FWIW, the 77kWh wasn't available when we bought ours, but I wouldn't buy it even today. The range has been good (230-250 miles, although falling now the weather is cooling) but we rarely get close to this. Typically, we maintain the car at 80% charge to keep the battery healthy and it's rare for it to ever drop below 40% in our usage. The 77kWh version does have a couple of penalties, most notably weight and, I believe, it's only a 4-seater due to chassis weight constraints from the ID.3 platform.

Good luck with yours. If my experience is anything to go by, the next few months will crawl by!
Cheers,
I do several journeys a year in the 200-300 mile range and so I believe the 77kWh model will suit me better than the 58kWh one. I’ve heard on the rumour mill that the 23MY will become a 5 seater again, however it is no biggie if it doesn’t as I rarely have anyone in the rear seats. I ticked every option box except the sunroof, so also have the heat pump. 😎👍

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK
Cheers,
I do several journeys a year in the 200-300 mile range and so I believe the 77kWh model will suit me better than the 58kWh one. I’ve heard on the rumour mill that the 23MY will become a 5 seater again, however it is no biggie if it doesn’t as I rarely have anyone in the rear seats. I ticked every option box except the sunroof, so also have the heat pump. 😎👍
Excellent - interested to hear how you get on with it when it turns up! (I think the glass roof was also something you couldn't have with the 77kWh due to weight limits - at least, it is on the ID.3)

Regarding usage, that's obviously an entirely personal thing. This is our "second car", augmented by an XC60 for longer trips and family holidays. That said, I've not put a drop of fuel in the Volvo since August as it barely turns a wheel now. We've been able to shift a surprising amount of our use over to the Born - even journeys that we'd never planned to use it for, we've been able to do comfortably. This is obviously saving us even more money, although I can see us having to up the mileage on the lease before the end of the first year! Two months in, though, and we're yet to charge it away from home (with the exception of some sneaky free charging at Aldi ;-) )

Reactions: Hurdy
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members