DerbyForget's - Candy Mk2 Leon FR TDI 170 *FOR SALE*

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Hi, Im new to this forum. I did spend a bit of time on Type R Owners Forum as i did up until recently own a Civic Type R. However due to wanting better fuel economy, cheaper insurance, cheaper road tax and something with a bit of poke that looked sporty the FR TDI ticked all the boxes :D :D :D

I went a little over budget to get it in candy white, but so glad i did. it was love at first sight, and i was really impressed at how well it handles and the performance. pick her up from the dealership in Derby on thursday morning :)

Info -

Seat Leon 2008 (08 Plate)
2.0TDi FR 168BHP (PD170)
5 Door
Manual 6 Speed
56,000 Miles
1 previous owner
FSH

Interior:-

Dual zone climate control
FR cloth upholstery
Sports leather steering wheel + leather gear knob
Sports seats
8 speakers
Radio/CD + MP3
Steering wheel mounted audio controls
Auxiliary input socket
Cruise control
Dynamic steering response (DSR)
Electro - mechanical power assisted steering
Bluetooth connectivity

Exterior:-

Candy White solid paint finish
18" Andromeda wheels finished in Anthracite
Body colour door handles
Body coloured bumpers
Chromed centre radiator grille surround
Coming home headlight function
Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
FR body styling
Front fog lights
Honeycomb front grille
Silver door mirrors
Tinted windows
Twin chromed exhaust pipes

PLANS :-

Performance -

Milltek Exhaust -DONE-
K&N panel filter -DONE-
Custom Stage 2 remap + DPF Delete -DONE-
Fast road setup
Forge quick shift

Cosmetic -

fit red TDI badges to front wings
Cupra K1 Grille
BTCC Spoiler
Get front bumper central lower section sprayed gloss black/wrapped -DONE-
Paint calipers Red
Fit Mk5 Golf battery box
Fit New Mats -DONE-
NOT SURE - Debage 'LEON' from boot???
POSS- buy and fit WHITE Pro Race 1.2s???

PICS :-

B4AA8485.jpg

9D174A4C.jpg

6E5AB62C.jpg

134DD9A6.jpg

F6B130DB.jpg

B4C20018.jpg

sorry for the shoddy quality as it was on my phone, some gucci arty pics to follow :)

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Last edited:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Well after spending most of the day at s.h.a.r.k i now have a stage 2 remap with dpf delete. the performance is outstanding :) very pleased with it :)

however it is really smokey :( to the point where whenever its under load leaves a cloud of soot behind me :S just a quick pic -

5128840F.jpg

thats just from the trip back from mansfield approx 50 miles from where i live...

anyone who has the same setup as this do you find you have the same problem?

i will be returning to s.h.a.r.k next sat to get it tweeked and get my milltek fitted hopefully! ( couldnt do it yesterday as i had the wrong front section but the part i need is coming in at £40 so no big deal luckily :D )

any feedback welcome, cheers

bert

Danny_B

Jul 24, 2007
Essex
How did you get on with the map tweak?

I currently drive a civic type r but have been offered a Leon FR tdI in white 57 plate with 52k for £7000.

I'm seriously interested but not sure if I will get bored of the diesel although it does seem very pokey!

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
hi mate, well it's going back in at some point over the next couple of weeks as mines not quite performing as it should. it's losing power high end, possibly due to faulty maf sensor... mikko is going to have a good look at it and sort it out :) there customer service is second to non!

well to be honest even in standard the fr has got loads more torque than the type r, not as good 0-60 but the amount of mid range in gear acceleration makes it better than the type r. once they are remapped mate its a beast :D would leave a standard type r for dead and stick on the tails of some much more powerful cars. cupra, vxrs etc the handling is very planted, obv not as good as the r but it's a lot more comfortable! same as mk5 golf chassis. I think they look awesome aswel. and the amount I save every month :) :) well worth the change HTH

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Just a quick update for anyone thats interested, spent a bit of time after work fitting my Milltek exhaust system :) it doesnt sound chavvy in anyway just gives a deeper exhaust note on acceleration, very pleased with it, still getting used to the tractor sounding engine though :S but torque is very fun!

its not quite sat as perfectly as i want it so going to have another play when i can. heres some pics - (please excuse the filthy car, she will be getting a good clean at the weekend, and i will get some more scenic photos)

SAM_2647.jpg

SAM_2646.jpg

SAM_2645.jpg

oh and someone appears to have backed thier towbar into my rear bumper plastic thing :O not pleased at all!!! are they expensive/hard to replace???

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
That exhaust looks familiar.... Glad your enjoying it mate ;) looks nice. Rear diffuser is £20-30. Glad the exhaust nd panel filter went to a good home :)

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Front Bumper Wrap Done :D

I stripped the lower grille section to ensure the wrap could fit behind it... dont know what the fuss is about with this part of the bumper! i had it out in 15 mins with no broken clips/ scrathed paint work, here are the pics -

DURING

SAM_2673.jpg

SAM_2674.jpg

SAM_2675.jpg

AFTER

SAM_2678.jpg

SAM_2677.jpg

SAM_2676.jpg

im not really pleased with the finish to be honest :( not sure whether its because its a wrap or because there are some dodgy parts from the place where I got it fitted...

it looks good from afar but up close is a bit pants round the edges.

does the job for now, going to invest in a respray next month :)

on a further note :- the reason my car wasnt performing as it should be is due to a faulty MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, thanks to S.H.A.R.K for diagnosing, had it in seat today and they are going to replace the sensor + carry out a wiring repair modification at the same time... all under warrranty ;) sorted.

then will be back to mansfield to have the stage two back on it woohoo!

Last edited:

Mattaious

Hi DerbyForget,

Have a few things in common here in terms of car and mods. I am planning to get the same Milltek system as what you have, just wanted to know a few things...

- In one of your posts you mentioned torque in relation to the exhaust system, what is the additional power that this provides?
- Have you had to modify your bumper to install this, I was hoping this would just replace my old system straight up?
- Generally, are you happy with this mod?

Also, I am debating whether to install a K&N cone filter, or just put a K&N panel filter in... What is yours like?

Apologies for the questions.

Cheers.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Hi DerbyForget,

Have a few things in common here in terms of car and mods. I am planning to get the same Milltek system as what you have, just wanted to know a few things...

- In one of your posts you mentioned torque in relation to the exhaust system, what is the additional power that this provides?
- Have you had to modify your bumper to install this, I was hoping this would just replace my old system straight up?
- Generally, are you happy with this mod?

Also, I am debating whether to install a K&N cone filter, or just put a K&N panel filter in... What is yours like?

Apologies for the questions.

Cheers.

hi Mattaious, I don't mind the questions, that's what a forum is about :D well...

1. I'm not sure you would see much gains without first getting rid of that restrictive DPF. once that's gone, along with a milltek and remap. you'll notice massive gains and frees up the rev range completely. with DPF it seems to run out of puff around 3750rpm onwards. but without it it pulls really well right upto 4500rpm or so :)

2.no modifications required whatsoever. miltek system is a direct fit replacement. sits in the recess just as you oem system does, yet it's slightly bigger ;)

3. yes I am happy with the mod, it gives a nice deep note on acceleration, but during the normal pottering about of everyday driving sounds just like standard.

personally I wudnt bother with a cone filter mate as the diesel just doesn't require it by design + it will probably suffer from heatsoak and actually decrease power! again the k&n panel filter is a bit of a grey area as to perfoance gains. some people have said they've made slight gains. others have argued they've actually lost power. you can hear the turbo slightly more with it installed. I've not noticed any vast improvements to be honest but it's nice to have a serviceable item that doesn't need replacing :) its down to personal preference really. but if your looking for gains don't bother.

hope this helps.

Bert

Last edited:

Mattaious

hi Mattaious, I don't mind the questions, that's what a forum is about :D well...

1. I'm not sure you would see much gains without first getting rid of that restrictive DPF. once that's gone, along with a milltek and remap. you'll notice massive gains and frees up the rev range completely. with DPF it seems to run out of puff around 3750rpm onwards. but without it it pulls really well right upto 4500rpm or so :)

2.no modifications required whatsoever. miltek system is a direct fit replacement. sits in the recess just as you oem system does, yet it's slightly bigger ;)

3. yes I am happy with the mod, it gives a nice deep note on acceleration, but during the normal pottering about of everyday driving sounds just like standard.

personally I wudnt bother with a cone filter mate as the diesel just doesn't require it by design + it will probably suffer from heatsoak and actually decrease power! again the k&n panel filter is a bit of a grey area as to perfoance gains. some people have said they've made slight gains. others have argued they've actually lost power. you can hear the turbo slightly more with it installed. I've not noticed any vast improvements to be honest but it's nice to have a serviceable item that doesn't need replacing :) its down to personal preference really. but if your looking for gains don't bother.

hope this helps.

Bert

Some good information there Bert, cheers.

I already have a remap on, putting out just over 200bhp. I am a bit reluctant to ditch the DPF as if it is noticed it is missing, it can fail an MOT (just what I have read/heard), and I think that is a bit of hassle.

I have just checked my rear bumper and it is the same as yours (unsurprisingly) :) Should go on nicely providing we have the same system...

Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi 170PS DPF - Cat-back.

The standard OEM looking cat-back.

Yeh, I'm not after gains from the filter, just going for a nice overall package in terms of sound. The remap gives nice enough gains, maybe the Milltek will give a bit more too.

Matty.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Some good information there Bert, cheers.

I already have a remap on, putting out just over 200bhp. I am a bit reluctant to ditch the DPF as if it is noticed it is missing, it can fail an MOT (just what I have read/heard), and I think that is a bit of hassle.

I have just checked my rear bumper and it is the same as yours (unsurprisingly) :) Should go on nicely providing we have the same system...

Seat Leon FR 2.0 TDi 170PS DPF - Cat-back.

The standard OEM looking cat-back.

Yeh, I'm not after gains from the filter, just going for a nice overall package in terms of sound. The remap gives nice enough gains, maybe the Milltek will give a bit more too.

Matty.

LOL if it's sound your after then a diesel probably wasnt the best option :p heh
well if that mot test is put into force it will be a visual check :) and as I've had mine removed from oem downpipe and welded up (out of sight) jobs a gudden ;) + should be looking at around 210-215 bhp -non smokey... but I think the biggest perk of DPF delete is that freeing up of the rev range like I mentioned before.

also I'm not sure about long term remaps with DPF fitted??? if someone could comment. could it possibly cause DPF issues??? with extra soot going down the exhaust? don't meant to scare you or anything matty

Bert

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
lovely looking mk2 Fr tdi you got mate, i love them in white!

i've owned 3 ep3's in the past.............one had a nice jackson racing charger strapped to it and the car i had before the leon i now have was a turbo'd ep3!

i loved my turbod type r but it was terrible on fuel............thats why i now have a mk2 leon fr tdi,

i was going to get the dpf removed and then a re-map but i wasn't sure weather i wanted to keep the car, i think you've now changed my mind though,

Having came from a 320+ bhp civic i wasn't expecting much from the leon............but even in standard form its suprisingly quick, also im averaging 45+ mpg's which pi$$es all over the civic it replaced lol!

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
lovely looking mk2 Fr tdi you got mate, i love them in white!

i've owned 3 ep3's in the past.............one had a nice jackson racing charger strapped to it and the car i had before the leon i now have was a turbo'd ep3!

i loved my turbod type r but it was terrible on fuel............thats why i now have a mk2 leon fr tdi,

i was going to get the dpf removed and then a re-map but i wasn't sure weather i wanted to keep the car, i think you've now changed my mind though,

Having came from a 320+ bhp civic i wasn't expecting much from the leon............but even in standard form its suprisingly quick, also im averaging 45+ mpg's which pi$$es all over the civic it replaced lol!

thanks dude :D

wow those civics must have been beasts ;) yeah thats the exact reason i changed to be honest, the insurance, fuel consumption etc. the FR isnt as exciting as the type R but the torque like you say even standard is more than enough to put a smile on your face isnt it. when they are remapped there even better pal and still produce 45-50mpg. a hell of a lot more comfortable too! hah

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.