DerbyForget's - Candy Mk2 Leon FR TDI 170 *FOR SALE*

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Here are the latest pics of her :) taken by a mate of mine who has a posh camera ;) -

ENJOY

img_2.jpg

img_5.jpg

img_9_3.jpg

img_9_4.jpg

img_9_6.jpg

img_9_8.jpg

img_9_10.jpg

img_9_15.jpg

img_9_18.jpg

img_9_20.jpg

img_9_21.jpg

These were taken after i had cleaned it, it took me around 5 hours and consisted of :-

wash wheels and exhaust with bilberries wheel cleaner (smells lovely by the way!)
wash car with AutoGlym bodywork shampoo conditioner
rinse
claybar whole car with bilt hamber regular clay
wash again with AutoGlym shampoo
rinse
dry
polish with AutoGlym Super Resin
and finally seal with some AutoGlym Ultra Gloss Protection

I want my RR thread now to take a new direction, it will be mainly about detailing with some updates on cost of running etc on a monthly basis if anyone is interested.

she is completely standard and will be staying like that. ive decided its good enough out of the box and ive spent alot of money trying to change it and improve it but im happy with it as standard, sometimes i do wish id gone for a cupra but then i remember how many motorway miles im going to be doing over the next 7-8 months or so and it makes sense to have a DERV... anyway hope you all like the pictures ;)

Bert

Last edited:

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
lovely car mate, i would love those bbs wheels, but funds don't allow right now. the pics look great btw. Out of interest was your miltek res or non-res?

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
ah cool, so on idle and standard you cant really hear it, but when you boot it you can. This is exactly what i want!!!

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Them pics look amazing mate :) we'll have to meet up for a photo shoot haha :p i want your bbs wheels but cant afford them aswell :(
it looks super clean, i want to clay bar mine but ive heard you can damage the paintwork if you dont do it right

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
yeah i heard that aswell, got make sure you do it a certain way otherwise you can swirl the paintwork. Would be interested to know how to do it properly.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
ah cool, so on idle and standard you cant really hear it, but when you boot it you can. This is exactly what i want!!!

to be quite honest mate if you have got a TDI I wouldn't bother with the milltek. yes it does make a small noise difference, definitely not worth the money you would spend on one though. I think it's hard to get a big noise change unless you have a straight through. and even then just increases the tractor like noise aha, a petrol on the other hand sounds mint with one on... think it has something to do with the exhaust pulsations

Them pics look amazing mate :) we'll have to meet up for a photo shoot haha :p i want your bbs wheels but cant afford them aswell :(
it looks super clean, i want to clay bar mine but ive heard you can damage the paintwork if you dont do it right

yeah i heard that aswell, got make sure you do it a certain way otherwise you can swirl the paintwork. Would be interested to know how to do it properly.

it's actually a lot easier than you think, the key to it is lubrication ;) lol as with most things. with the bill hamber it's an aqua clay so you just have to make sure the panel and clay are really wet before hand. then it's a case of keeping it nice and warm by kneeding it as you go and using a 2p size flat piece just go around your car panel by panel rubbing in a washing like motion but making sure you only apply light finger pressure HTH

Lumby

Jan 26, 2012
to be quite honest mate if you have got a TDI I wouldn't bother with the milltek. yes it does make a small noise difference, definitely not worth the money you would spend on one though. I think it's hard to get a big noise change unless you have a straight through. and even then just increases the tractor like noise aha, a petrol on the other hand sounds mint with one on... think it has something to do with the exhaust pulsations

it's actually a lot easier than you think, the key to it is lubrication ;) lol as with most things. with the bill hamber it's an aqua clay so you just have to make sure the panel and clay are really wet before hand. then it's a case of keeping it nice and warm by kneeding it as you go and using a 2p size flat piece just go around your car panel by panel rubbing in a washing like motion but making sure you only apply light finger pressure HTH

cheers pal, got any recommendations on products to use? did you notice a big difference in the finish of the paint after? again sorry for all the questions!:)

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
well i can only really give a review of the Bilt Hamber clay. its good that you dont need any special lubricant etc and like i say is very easy to use as long as you keep the clay warm and the panel wet it is very simple and actually quite quick once you get into the swing of things... if your worried about your paintork then you can go for a medium or even soft compound clay that isnt as aggressive but you do lose some of that cleaning potential. the regular clay is recommended for first time and infrequent use, the medium and soft are for more frequent and useful if your paintwork has hardly any contaminants.

yes there is a massive difference when you do it, you can see and feel the difference. when you run your fingers gently down the panel it feels as smooth as glass - and when you apply the super resin after it really helps it to take, and give off maximum gloss :)

Last edited:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Update 19/12/12

Well its been a few months and i though i had best update this! Ive done nothing with the car except commute really. Did have a really nice trip to Llanelli with the missus in august. The FR TDI really comes into its own on motorways :) very comfortable, and a real ease to overtake, or get out of a manic Audi or BMW's way with all the torque on tap! and still returning a healthy 50MPG/avg

Its time for the first service (since my ownership) Ive got it booked in at SEAT Derby for a minor service on the 22nd (last one was a major), its going to cost £129 and includes :-

Change oil and oil filter
vehicle inspection and report
full vehicle road test
vehicle and software enhancements from SEAT's database
diagnostics check and report
pollen filter replacement
reset service interval display
SEAT stamp in service book
12 months roadside assistance + home start

not bad for the price if you ask me :)

I have been washing her on a near weekly basis especially as there is masses of salt now on the road! not good for the bodywork.

Upon inspection of the tyres my rears are nearing the legal limit :O i have had a look and Im looking at £182 for 2x AVON ZV-5's from cam skill. It will probably be picked up on the service but might have to wait until the new year. i will put the fronts on the back and have the new ones up front.

COST OF RUNNING THIS MONTH :-

Service = £129.00
New Avon tyres = £182.00
5L of screen wash = £2.99
Fuel - shell V-power = £147.62 (so far)

CURRENT MILEAGE :- 65,606 miles

Summary - very impressed with the car, its faultless. It is a pleasure to drive and don't get me wrong but... its just BORING, yes it does the job and it does it very well but it just doesn't put a smile on my face. i don't feel like i can go on a drive just for the sake of a drive. For that thrill factor!

my old civic would put a smile on my face every time i stuck it in third and let those revs rocket up through vtec. it was exciting and i do miss that :( so come august, Ive decided Im going to do my direct access - cat A and get myself a bike! im sure it will be more than enough to go out for a nice ride on a weekend and have me grinning ear to ear! your only young once right?

Last edited:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Yes mate still got him :) havent updated this in a while as ive not really done much lol this bad weather has meant that the cleaning regime has been reduced! passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago with 1 advisory for the rear discs but other than that its been great... still munching the motorway miles!

hows yours going? many changes?

Ive booked my Direct Access Motorcyle test for beginning of april and im looking at getting a Yamaha R6 :D i need some adrenalin in my life! lol cant wait to get on two wheels

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Sounds good with the yamaha :)

Ive done a few bits, mainly lowering since putting the exhaust on what i had off you, also had an MOT before xmas and passed with warnings about front tyres and a cracked cv boot cover so pretty good

yh tell me about it with the cleaning, this white powder off the roads is getting annoying now lol, wash your car and its covered again in 2 days

edsassin

Hi guys quick question I'm considering a DPF delete myself. I've got a 1.9tdi 105 pd mk2 leon. I'm trying to get conclusive answer as to whether it has a DPF or not cheers guys.

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
Hi guys quick question I'm considering a DPF delete myself. I've got a 1.9tdi 105 pd mk2 leon. I'm trying to get conclusive answer as to whether it has a DPF or not cheers guys.

Sorry only just seen this chap, don't update this often aha your car doesn't have a DPF I believe. It was only the FR TDI and the ecomotive models that got a DPF. So you will be fine to remap as it is :) probably looking at 140bhp for a guess and a nice hike in torque... Just make sure it's not too smokey.

Hope this helps

Bert

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
well, Ive got to be honest the FR has taken a back seat this past month or so... he is sat on my driveway looking sorry for himself covered in bugs and bird poo :( its been hectic, moving house, passing my motorcycle test and getting this -

Its an absolute weapon and i love it! picked her up two days after passing and my confidence has just grown and grown. bought her from down sauufff! she came with full service history, 10,000 miles and after a good check over, test ride and HPI coming back clear i ended up riding home on her in the pissing rain! lol

shes a bit rough round the edges a few fairings need replacing but its a straight bike and the engine is sweet, pulling like a train through the entire rev range. (the akra can also sounds immense, picked it up off ebay)

life is as though its going in slow motion once you've ridden a sportbike ... to put it in context even those of you with modified cupras would be made to look like your driving a 1.0L Corsa ;P

Ive fallen in love with the bike so much that im actually now looking at selling the seat for something cheaper to run for the winter months... and to fund a track day here or there :)

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Congrats on passing your bike test.....i wouldn,t be without mine. Trackdays are so much more fun on a bike and you learn what your bike will do on the limit