Detailing a Black LCR!

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Hi guys, been an LCR driver for 6 months now and i bought a black 225 because its the best looking colour for an LCR IMO. The car had swirl marks all over it due to the previous owner washing incorrectly.

However i spotted this fella called Erran from the detailing world and had seen his work on another black LCR, the results stunned me.

I emailed him straight away and he booked me in.

Check out his work and tell me what you think. Money well spent for anyone looking to sell a car or get it ready to show off for the summer

http://www.the-detailer.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Fantastic! Before and After shots are like two different cars! :D

Thanks, to be fair, Erran done such a great job, i wasn't paying much attention because of my circumstances that day. My cars dirty now, needs a clean but i dare not ruin his good work, better be really careful lol.

He gave me a great deal too, almost half price of what others where asking for.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Looks good. My only question would be why no afters shots with the brinkman as only a true comparison can be done this way and any pro would know this. I would also be asking why he continued if it was so hot the polish dried instatntly adding last touch is good but not ideal if the stuff dries out so quickly. Results look good but just my detailing nose is twitching with schoolboy errors from a 'pro'

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Thanks, to be fair, Erran done such a great job, i wasn't paying much attention because of my circumstances that day. My cars dirty now, needs a clean but i dare not ruin his good work, better be really careful lol.

He gave me a great deal too, almost half price of what others where asking for.

You get what you pay for. At half the price there must be a catch somewhere as I am sure Reg Hollis and Gary at Refined Reflections would tell you.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
People are usually super cheap when they either have a rather limited reportoir of what they can deal with, they almost certainly won't have any insurance, and they are probably doing it cash in hand. Good luck when it goes tits up and they do damage to your paint.

And reading that write up, if the time on the camera clock that appears in the corner of the photos is correct, that means he did a full detail of a Leon, using Zymol Carbon as a LSP (which is not a quick product to use), in less than 7 hours. Sorry, but thats rather fast to have been thorough. It would explain why he is cheap though.

Last edited:

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
People are usually super cheap when they either have a rather limited reportoir of what they can deal with, they almost certainly won't have any insurance, and they are probably doing it cash in hand. Good luck when it goes tits up and they do damage to your paint.

And reading that write up, if the time on the camera clock that appears in the corner of the photos is correct, that means he did a full detail of a Leon, using Zymol Carbon as a LSP (which is not a quick product to use), in less than 7 hours. Sorry, but thats rather fast to have been thorough. It would explain why he is cheap though.

At the end of the day, cheap or not, im happy with the results. The reason i asked him to do it was because i requested he teach's me how to use the rotary polisher. He explained step by step, what and how.

He did the job perfect IMO, I don't think it can be any better. The reason he done it in 7 hours is because my grandad died that day, and we worked non stop all day to get it finished so i can be somewhere. it would have taken atleast 9 hours plus if i didn't help him out.

I would personaly recomend him to anyone looking for a detail. I have not had any negatives from the experience so i can't say anything bad.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
If you're happy with the results then great, thats what really matters at the end of the day. I still stand by my comment that getting a car like a Leon done in 7 hours is rather rapid, even more so if he was teaching you to use a rotary as well. But anyway, you are pleased so thats that. From your initial thread I didn't realise you were saying you've had your car detailed by him, I just thought you were seeking opinions.

And I'm sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members