DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
A little late with the reply but great to see someone putting some love and effort in to this car again! Definitely not in the same shape as when she left me sadly, did you ever manage to fix the electrical/alarm issues Joe?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2019
A little late with the reply but great to see someone putting some love and effort in to this car again! Definitely not in the same shape as when she left me sadly, did you ever manage to fix the electrical/alarm issues Joe?

Hey, i managed to fix the alarm issue how ever i just opened a box of worms with everything else. The back driverside passenger door wouldnt open and i found the window was propped up with a piece of wood, i think the car was t-boned and a quick fix was put in place. The engine was in a state and the air filter was never even connected at the engine properly and all the piping was loose. Im sad to say at the end of the day it wasnt worth fixing so i ended up taking what i could and scrapping it. I sold the exhaust not that long ago. I still got the leather recaros, spare tire and a few odd bits. Feel its best to offer people in this thread first dibs on any of the parts. I still got the log book if you want that DGJ as a memento. Sorry again that i had to scrap it.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Hey, i managed to fix the alarm issue how ever i just opened a box of worms with everything else. The back driverside passenger door wouldnt open and i found the window was propped up with a piece of wood, i think the car was t-boned and a quick fix was put in place. The engine was in a state and the air filter was never even connected at the engine properly and all the piping was loose. Im sad to say at the end of the day it wasnt worth fixing so i ended up taking what i could and scrapping it. I sold the exhaust not that long ago. I still got the leather recaros, spare tire and a few odd bits. Feel its best to offer people in this thread first dibs on any of the parts. I still got the log book if you want that DGJ as a memento. Sorry again that i had to scrap it.

Aww mate, gutting to hear that it ended up being such a bodge job! When I sold it all it needed was the engine sorting and they couldn't even be bothered to do that?!

Sad to hear it was scraped but more.gutted for you really, have you moved on to any other projects since then?

That would be great if you don't mind, its still the only car I've ever shed a tear at watching drive away! Hopefully all the other bits will get picked up on here.

Reactions: Joe19008
Jun 23, 2019
Aww mate, gutting to hear that it ended up being such a bodge job! When I sold it all it needed was the engine sorting and they couldn't even be bothered to do that?!

Sad to hear it was scraped but more.gutted for you really, have you moved on to any other projects since then?

That would be great if you don't mind, its still the only car I've ever shed a tear at watching drive away! Hopefully all the other bits will get picked up on here.

Yeah it is a shame i was really looking forward to fixing it up and having it as a project. Unfortunately i think it went through quite a few people who didnt care for the care and just abused it. I ended up getting it of a mate who brought it from a car dealer. He only had it for a few days before the clutch went for him. Sat at his house for a few months before i got it and by then all the issues just started to snowball. Since then ive moved onto a 1999 mr2, luckly this one hasnt been abused and im working on it currently, mainly rust repairs. Ill send you a dm to sort out the log book.