Did we ever get to the bottom of the Angel Eyes?

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Did we ever finish the debate about the Angel Eyes - the wicked german imported, LHD beam, black ones that we were debating about with RichT and Co. last month?

Are they all the same pre/pst 96?
can they be modded to RHD beam pattern? how?
Will they pass an MOT with a wink (no E mark)
Do they fit?

I know someone from portcawl with a gorgeous copper 16V has some fitted, i am in bridgend/cardiff. help us out (sorry toi lazy to look for a screen name!)

I have a 98 16V. I want a pair, who else does, shall we see if a German will do a discount??

Yes they do fit and the beam can be adjusted to make it RHD.

MOT testers checking the E Mark? Depends where you take it.

The debate on fitting has still not been sorted. Could do with a tuning company buyin in both sets for pre-facelift and facelift ibiza's and getting two ibiza from here to go down, on facelift and one pre then try them on. Surely they are gonna make some money with the amount of people on here wanting them on there car.

Maybe 2modified would be interested in the idea?

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
i have contacted that seller about whether they are RHD or LHD last night. hasnt come back yet but when he does i will let everyone know. prob aint rhd cos they are exactly the same as the german ones. probably sum1 trying to make money out of them seen as the only ones selling them so far have been german sellers

nodrog

car+house=skint
im awaiting delivery, my cars facelift/1997, in black,iv contacted another buyer for the lights, he says they come with the indicator seal on them.he has a 1998 ibiza(mines a cordy by the way) and they fit fine, and the direction of the beam doesnt afect the vision of other drivers.

although he hasnt told me if there LHD or RHD.

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
im awaiting delivery, my cars facelift/1997, in black,iv contacted another buyer for the lights, he says they come with the indicator seal on them.he has a 1998 ibiza(mines a cordy by the way) and they fit fine, and the direction of the beam doesnt afect the vision of other drivers.

although he hasnt told me if there LHD or RHD.

I'm eager to see the outcome

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
In one of these "Angel eyes" threads I think somebody said its quite easy to do. Something along the lines of: Separate the glue, flip reflector, done. Not too sure how to separate it tho. Depends if the headlight is glass, or just plastic. If its glass the you just pop it in the oven for 5mins :lol:. If its plastic then you might have to be more careful how you heat it up.

Mig

EMM4

I saw these a while ago, does anyone know who makes them? Might give an idea on how easy it will be to switch the beam?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.