Diesel sounds & exhausts.

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
So, I have a 2.0tdi FR 150bhp. I'm looking into exhausts and dpf deletes and what not. I've recently found out that a dpf delete on this car is going to be really expensive. Dk tuning quoted £899 just for the delete, I was hoping for that price with a stage 1 ECU tune included but I didn't realise it was such a big job. (Something to do with the egr cooling being part of the dpf)

So now I'm thinking of how to get a nice exhaust sound with the whistles and coo's and stuff the best I can whilst keeping the dpf in. Does anyone know? Videos of cat back exhausts with dpf still in, silencer deletes etc are all welxome. I did try a new panel filter but it did nothing, is it worth trying a cone filter? I'm not after power increases, just noises. Thanks in advance.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
So, I have a 2.0tdi FR 150bhp. I'm looking into exhausts and dpf deletes and what not. I've recently found out that a dpf delete on this car is going to be really expensive. Dk tuning quoted £899 just for the delete, I was hoping for that price with a stage 1 ECU tune included but I didn't realise it was such a big job. (Something to do with the egr cooling being part of the dpf)

So now I'm thinking of how to get a nice exhaust sound with the whistles and coo's and stuff the best I can whilst keeping the dpf in. Does anyone know? Videos of cat back exhausts with dpf still in, silencer deletes etc are all welxome. I did try a new panel filter but it did nothing, is it worth trying a cone filter? I'm not after power increases, just noises. Thanks in advance.
I did the dpf delete followed by the map and that was around £400 I think on my 2.0tdi FR 184. Ultimate remaps That's in Birmingham and he is very reputable used him for the maps and egr and dpf delete. Sound is nicer but it's not something you will hear while driving people can hear it outside but you can't hear it inside sounds like a plane when the car is on which is nice but again only from the outside. So as far as sound goes there's really not a lot you can do - diesel cons I guess.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
I did the dpf delete followed by the map and that was around £400 I think on my 2.0tdi FR 184. Ultimate remaps That's in Birmingham and he is very reputable used him for the maps and egr and dpf delete. Sound is nicer but it's not something you will hear while driving people can hear it outside but you can't hear it inside sounds like a plane when the car is on which is nice but again only from the outside. So as far as sound goes there's really not a lot you can do - diesel cons I guess.

Thanks mate. I was aiming for more turbo noises than engine noises, like flutters etc on lift off. I used to hear it loads on PD engines, but not so comon on coming rail engines. Just wondered if it's possible. Was your dpf delete a new pipe or did you have the inside of the stock one gutted? I'm close to Birmingham and that's a bargain price.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Thanks mate. I was aiming for more turbo noises than engine noises, like flutters etc on lift off. I used to hear it loads on PD engines, but not so comon on coming rail engines. Just wondered if it's possible. Was your dpf delete a new pipe or did you have the inside of the stock one gutted? I'm close to Birmingham and that's a bargain price.
Yes I'm talking about exhaust noises not engine. Not sure if you'll hear the turbo. It was gutted a full delete on these is a horrible job hence the price of £899 gutting it practically the same thing and should fail the MOT's as it isn't obvious. If you want I can give you contact details of the guy I used and you can speak to him just tell him Aqib sent you. He will sort you out good friend of mine

Reactions: James_FRwagon

James_FRwagon

Oct 18, 2018
Yes I'm talking about exhaust noises not engine. Not sure if you'll hear the turbo. It was gutted a full delete on these is a horrible job hence the price of £899 gutting it practically the same thing and should fail the MOT's as it isn't obvious. If you want I can give you contact details of the guy I used and you can speak to him just tell him Aqib sent you. He will sort you out good friend of mine

Legend mate yeah if you have his details that would be great!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Reading this, was thinking, okay, maybe where they are based, DPF delete is legal...then I saw the prices were quoted in £. I'm pretty sure it will fail MOT if DPF is not present in a DPF equipt car. Hmm..nice engine sound from a diesel, like saying excellent fuel economy on a Rolls Royce...saying that however I have seen and heard on youtube, supersprint exhaust on TDIs, while it's an improvement..sound has me wanting more though..

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They have also tightened emissions testing for diesels. Used to just be a smoke test but they also now go through emissions tests and they are quite tight

Reactions: Mr Pig

Puddle Surfer

May 27, 2020

Quite late to this party (newish member!). Curious on what you did in the end? And assuming you've done an exhaust, how dose it look & sound? Any pics or vids? I also have a 150 ST and was giving serious consideration to this but wasn't sure if it was worth it (apart from the aesthetic side of things with a nice diffuser).

Been quoted £350 for a cat back with twin double tips similar to the new Cupra look (so keeping the DPF which I believe is in or around the cat?)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members