Difference between forge FMDV006 and Forge FMCL007P

Gavla52

Hi Guys

Been looking at a couple threads and have been looking at changing the standard DV on the LCR to improve the holding of boost however when looking online i can see the Forge FMCL007P Dump valve and the forge FMDV006 Diverter Valve?

Im not too fussed on any of the Wooshing noise from a dump valve - which is the best for LCR? also (please ignore my ignorance) whats the difference between the 2?:confused:

Ta

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
DV006 is a spring-piston valve made from aluminium. It is much larger than a DV007 and may not fit under engine cover unless twisted a bit in its mounting on the TIP.

Stock DV006 spring is harder and holds boost better. On a 007 there is recommended a change of spring to a yellow Forge spring to hold 15-23psi (1-1.6 bar) while the blue spring on a 006 holds 1.6bar in a spike and 1.1-1.2bar at redline with no problems.

Nautilus

Last edited:

Gavla52

Whats this change of spring?

Being really silly now but, i thought you took standard one of and replaced with new valve? no changing of springs?

Can you clarify what this is? ta

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Whats this change of spring?

Being really silly now but, i thought you took standard one of and replaced with new valve? no changing of springs?

Can you clarify what this is? ta

The forge dumpvalves operate with a spring mechanism. the 007p comes with a green spring as standard which is fine for non-mapped cars. However on a mapped car a yellow spring will hold the increased boost better; simple unscrew the top of the dumpvalve, lift the old spring out, put the new one in and reassemble.. job done :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise