Dim head lights

MichaelMcC

Dec 16, 2019
Anyone know a way of making the head lights brighter on a 63 plate ? Mines are so dim even worse in the rain ? Anyone any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
If halogen then replace the lamps every six months; you could also try the more expensive night breaker etc. options as well but they aren't really any brighter (due to the laws of physics).

If LED then it's much more tricky, the pre-facelift model lights are only about the same output as halogen but ruinously expensive to replace once damaged or worn at around £800 each.

Dust inside the lens, fogged lens or even just the amount of time they've been used will reduce the output - so if you've got LED its more a case of identifying if there are any options to look at all.

MichaelMcC

Dec 16, 2019
Yes there led so I was thinking there wasn’t much I could do about this Disappointed

MichaelMcC

Dec 16, 2019
0ec13f894c58a53a05edf9d215af7da1.jpg

This is the head lights I have

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I had a 63 plate Leon with Tech pack couple of years ago. Wouldn't say they were dim, much brighter than all Halogens I had previously. The car was new (ish) at the time though and the lenses were clear and dust free. Main beams with low beams raised were wow. Like the others, I had to use the screws to lift hte headlights so that they could shine a bit further in the distance. I parked about 10m from the wall, tapped where they were, and raised them ever so slightly..did the job, and nobody flashed me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster

MichaelMcC

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for that I’ll give that a go at the weekend once I get some time

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Ditto the headlight dip adjustment. Mine were practically pointing at the floor and at 50mph+ on country lanes it wasn't much fun.

2 or 3 subtle adjustments and I haven't touched them in 2+ years.

Never been flashed either.