Dimmed front left daytime running light

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello,
I have a Seat Leon Fr mk4, bought from the Seat dealership in Braga/Portugal as a service car. The car is from 05/2021.
Two weeks after the purchase I noticed that the front left daytime running light LED is weaker than the right one.
When comparing with other leon's it's easy to see that the situation is not normal.
I went to the dealership where they initially told me that sometimes some led's are weaker than others.....
I didn't like it and complained, in fact there were two more leon's in there and it was evident that those had the same intensity daytime LEDs, contrary to mine.
They ended up scheduling a verification of the intensity of the lumens of each led, to later send it to the brand (for a replacement order for mine, I hope).
I'll try to put two pictures here, but would like very much to know your opinion.
Thank you very much!

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I'd suggest the driver for the dim led side isn't working as it should or the bright side isn't.
Leds are not like bulbs, they have electronics to drive them and this determines the brightness, more current gives more brightness. Sometimes this driver is part of the bulb until sometimes not, but they have to be driven. If they are not they tend to die.
I can't say it would be an issue for me, it's hard to see the difference.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Thanks for the message!
When I go, next week, to the dealership to leave the car for them to analyse, I will refer to them the driver issue.
There is a difference in brightness, I think it is very noticeable especially in the photo of the car inside the garage.
Interestingly, I started to notice that the brightness was different when I followed a traffic queue and saw the LED on the right side (from the point of view of those inside the car) reflected on the bumpers, but not the left one.

Is it possible for the dealer to conclude that it cannot be replaced under warranty?

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I’d argue that it’s a safety feature and should be fixed under warranty. Take it directly to Seat customer service if they decline to fix it.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
I’d argue that it’s a safety feature and should be fixed under warranty. Take it directly to Seat customer service if they decline to fix it.
Thank you.
Seat costumer service in Portugal, or Seat factory in Spain?
Thanks again!

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
I also bought a fr mk4 in m&Costas Braga ill take a look later in my garage to see if i notice the same as you. One thing i allready noticed and asked on the dealer is that the right side light is higher than the left, but that makes sense since our steering is on the left side, they analyzed and told they were properly alligned.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Tha
I also bought a fr mk4 in m&Costas Braga ill take a look later in my garage to see if i notice the same as you. One thing i allready noticed and asked on the dealer is that the right side light is higher than the left, but that makes sense since our steering is on the left side, they analyzed and told they were properly alligned.
Thank you very much!
About the light high, i think mine are even, but will try to take a photo.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello,
I have a Seat Leon Fr mk4, bought from the Seat dealership in Braga/Portugal as a service car. The car is from 05/2021.
Two weeks after the purchase I noticed that the front left daytime running light LED is weaker than the right one.
When comparing with other leon's it's easy to see that the situation is not normal.
I went to the dealership where they initially told me that sometimes some led's are weaker than others.....
I didn't like it and complained, in fact there were two more leon's in there and it was evident that those had the same intensity daytime LEDs, contrary to mine.
They ended up scheduling a verification of the intensity of the lumens of each led, to later send it to the brand (for a replacement order for mine, I hope).
I'll try to put two pictures here, but would like very much to know your opinion.
Thank you very much!
Hi there,
Today morning i left my car in the dealership, so they can measure the led's intensity, so they can build a reclamation to the factiry
In conversation with the seller, he told me that if the factory understands that the difference in intensity of the led is within the parameters, it may not give the approval for the headlight to be replaced..

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, on the 07/06th I left the car at the SEAT dealership in Braga Machado & Costas.
At the end of the day, they told me that they had explained the situation to the importer.
Meanwhile the LED got even worse, now it's practically off, to the point that a warning light appeared on the instrument panel.
Today I spoke with the seller, who told me he contacted the workshop, and they are still waiting for a response from the SEAT importer for Portugal, SIVA.
I hope everything ends well, but I confess that I am a little sad that a car that has left such a good impression on me is seeing the experience tarnished by this...

https://ibb.co/L6NnfhT

https://ibb.co/w4RVLHT

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
Dont worry, the will replace it as specialy because it allready gives error, probably a bad part, or bad assembly that provoked that fault, it's not a common fault as you can see in the forum. mine is from september 2020, a launch edition and the leds are fine.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello everyone. It is with great joy that I report that the dealership changed the entire set of the full led on the left side, and now both are perfect. Both daytime leds work perfectly. My thanks to the dealership Seat in Braga, Machado @ Costa, for giving a happy ending to this situation

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members