Dimming Lights

Seanyt

Oct 18, 2010
Bracknell
Hello,

I've had my Boc a couple of months now and I have noticed that the lights keep dimming when dry steering or changing from Reverse to Drive. Is there something simple that's wrong with it or something that needs replacing?

I've noticed it a lot more with the new bulbs in as there a lot brighter!

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Are you sure you aren't mistaking this problem with the cornering lights?

Because it sounds like it, they come on when you hit reverse then in drive they go off. So it will seem dimmer as they aren't on.

By dry steering, i'm guessing you mean whilst stationary which again will be the cornering lights.

I may be completely wrong lol.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
It's fine mate it's just the battery pulling power to use everything, power steering pump especially.

lefkon

Feb 7, 2011
you are both wrong. i'm the only one right here. i'm right and i dont even have to give an answer. :D

rahul

Dec 24, 2009
Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Nah i think the OP is talking about all the lights in the car, both interior and exterior, dimming when turning the steering wheel when the car isn't moving. This is cause the power steering requires battery, and thus less current is delivered to the lights, so a lower output is viewed :)

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Well....i say i'm right for exterior lights lmao. he didn't say interior. if he did, i'd totally say the same as you Rahul :p