DIY stone chip repairs - Success rate?

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
Hi,

I have an array of stone chips on my bonnet, one in particular looks a right mess. Now for some reason I seem to think I can repair this myself.....:whistle:

http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912&Mainselection=4

I was planning on using the above it to give myself a fighting chance and have read a few decent guides on how to do it.

My question is how many of you have tried it and what were the results?

I'll add some pics of the bonnet later.

Many thanks

Steve

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i tried it using seats original paint and itlooks awful, gonna save me pennies and get it done properly but dont let my mess stop you. i know a lot of peeps have had success, maybe i just did it wrong.

ets2k9

Dec 12, 2009
Hednesford
A previous owner has tried to touch up a scuff on the rear bumper that looks shocking too. Bit worried about ruining my bonnet with random blobs of paint I applied with a cocktail stick.

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i tried using the paint brush that came with the touch up pen, although the cocktail stick option is supposed to be the best way.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If you know what your doing that kit is a very good.....if you dont you could end up with a right mess.

Good price to, worth a go at £13 :)

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
totally agree, ive done it before by filling in the stonechips first, taking the high points back very slightly with a fine wet and dry, machined using g3- g10 compound , polished then waxed, and they're barely visible,

patience is a must though,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members