Does anyone have a Freetrack?

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Well I go to collect the car on Friday.. looking forward to actually getting to use it and figure out what every thing does and finally have a car that can get to 60 MPH in less time than it takes to boil an egg!
I will post up some pics once I get it home.

MajorPickles

We might as well keep this thread as the "Freetrack owns club" as there seems to be less than 10 of us!

Had to take mine in today as the dreaded emissions 'engine' light kept coming on and then would reset for the next journey. I knew something was wrong as the DPF seemed to be regenerating too often when as i use it mainly on M and A roads it shouldn't need to.

Turned out to be a exhaust gas pressure sensor which they need to order so will be back next week for it to be fitted.

I have fitted a MP3 player that hooks into the CD changer input, so if anyone needs the info let me know, very good as plays from USB or SD and still allows the AUX input to work (haven't tried that bit though).

Cheers

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
We might as well keep this thread as the "Freetrack owns club" as there seems to be less than 10 of us!

I have fitted a MP3 player that hooks into the CD changer input, so if anyone needs the info let me know, very good as plays from USB or SD and still allows the AUX input to work (haven't tried that bit though).

Cheers

Yes on the MP3 player... Let me know. The iPod adapter seems to be OK on some and not on others so I would like to see what options we have.

Well it is confirmed I collect the car on Friday. The dealer(not a seat one) has taken the Pi55 a bit as we went to sign the finance agreement today. The repayments were better than the bank by about £10 per month over 24 months so we took their option. But they hit us for a £150 paperwork charge on the first and then another £140 for something and £10 for something else at the end! So £300 which they didn't tell us about so I told them we may cancel our order.... Not happy. He has sorted it out not fully but made some offer to correct the "Mistake" and we now also have the car paint protected as well as upholstery protection which may only cost them £50. But they do charge customers almost £300.00. Plus they may get a shock at the cost of the tow bar fitting they agreed to...... I played dumb but did my homework on the tow bar and they think it will cost about £250.00 inc twin electrics and fitting... It will be closer to £500.00 for a detachable towbar and electrics.

MajorPickles

I will dig out the info on the MP3 for you.

As for the towbar I had a look and the electrics and un removable one (SEAT) are about £300 supply only. The removable one is about another £100 on top, so looks like you maybe better off.

Just make sure it isn't a standard XL one as the Freetrack one has to come lower otherwise the trailer will be tilted back and unstable.

Cheers

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
The XL one i have been told is different due to the rear axle. Not sure if this is true but the height would as you say need to be correct and it has to be a Freetrack version anyway. It seems most dealers who offer towbars all stock the removable ones but have to order in the fixed version. I will see on Friday. I know they cannot shortcut on the electrics due to the parking sensors. Serves them right for taking the P1SS

RockyFreetrack

Hi Alnsaz, I connected a creative zen with the two phono jacks (nothing connected to the video one) and had no sound through the stereo on Aux.

Have just bought some of the headphones so will give them a try at the weekend.

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Sounds like you are having fun with your new toys!

I've been lucky with the DPF (touch wood!) - not a problem in 2 years with 2 cars

Rocky - let me know how the headphones go - quite fancy a pair for the back seats now that the kids are a bit older

Hi POLKR - yes probs me, the inlaws are in Clarkston and I usually go back to EK that way. Will keep a lookout for you next time! Not sure whether to flash my lights at other Seat owners in the Freetrack - don't think they expect it!

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Picked ours up today... Bloody hell compared to the RX4 this is a missile! Loads of toys and the Bluetooth hands free is brill!!

RockyFreetrack

Well, the toys don't work! After an hour of playing I am getting no sound from the RCA at all. Either through the stereo or wireless headphones. [:@].

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! :help:

Also noticed that the rear bumper isn't fitted right, it is slightly sticking out on the one side - probably about 5mm. Must have happened when they fitted the towbar (before I bought the car).

It came with the MVG removal towbar and 13 pin electrics. Not had chance to use it yet but will do soon!

MajorPickles

No one has fitted an Ipod dock, CD changer etc as I this uses the Aux input on the HU?

Does Aux appear on the display when you select it?, or do you have a symbol like a few discs? as if so the aux input must be being used by something else.

When i took the head unit out on mine to fit the MP3 player I noticed the Aux input was on it's own plug which had to be unpluggged to plug the MP3 player one in (mine had a loop socket which enabled the Aux plug to be plugged back in but most don't).

I think the wiring is just from the RCA sockets up to the head unit so not much to go wrong there.

Hope this helps.

syrup1971

Probably not much help, but I just connect up my ipod (or dvd player) to the rear aux connectors, press aux on the stereo & it comes through.

From memory, there may be an option in the radio setup, to enable/disable aux input.

I'll try to have a look later.

syrup1971

How Difficult is this unit to fit? Where do you sit the unit?

I am interested in the ipod version.

Thanks.

The MP3 unit to connect to the head unit was via the link below:

They also do one for an Ipod, good thing with it is that it lets you stil use the Aux in.

Cheers

RockyFreetrack

Hi Major,

Yes aux appears on the stereo and it is enabled. Nothing comes up on the tft screen in the back either. Clealry something is a miss. Will add it to my list.

Any recommendations on main dealers in and around shrosphire appreciated?

MajorPickles

Rocky

looks like there might be some connections amiss in the rear of the centre console :(

Apparently the whole rear section just pulls off but I think you need to be brave with the pulling effort, but would leave it to the dealer if it was mine:blink:

Syrup,

mounted my unit in the glove box on the LHS and there is just enough room for the lid to shut with a USB stick plugged in. Cable routes up through a hole in the top (should be a light there but no one has one) and into the rear of the HU.

If I can figure out how to add a pic i will do in the next day or so.

Cheers:blink:

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Rocky
Syrup,

mounted my unit in the glove box on the LHS and there is just enough room for the lid to shut with a USB stick plugged in. Cable routes up through a hole in the top (should be a light there but no one has one) and into the rear of the HU.

If I can figure out how to add a pic i will do in the next day or so.

Cheers:blink:

Use imageshack and that will give you a forum link to put your pics on the forum...

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Cheers Morepower

Photo of MP3 player on link below (curly cable is nothing to do with it)

Stuck in in with double sided sticky pads and can just get the lid to shut with a USB stick in, but SD card better as neater.

I think we are going to get the Ipod version.. It looks simple to hide and will keep the Ipod charged so we can just keep it in the car at all times. Brill.

Now had the Freetrack for a few days. The only thing I need to look into is I may have done something but it seems the MPG average seems to reset everyday. As I say it may be me... I am still playing with all the toys.

I am still surprised how quick it is as well... I was in a rush across country to see some friends and then go to Rockingham for a bike trackday. I came across a guy in an XL who didn't like me coming past. As soon as I moved over he booted his car and there was the usual puff of smoke. It still went past him so quickly I think he was shocked. The twisty bits were dealt with as well as any sporty hatchback and the grip the tyres have is unreal! This car is just so over looked that I am really glad I was lucky enough to get it for such a bargain basement price! It makes our old Renault feel realy old and slow..

EDIT...
Just read the user guide and the MPG average resets if the car has not been used for 2 hours. Shame it will not keep a tab until I want to re-set it. But I filled the car up yesterday and have done about 30 to 40 miles and the range is still showing 430miles so I am still happy if I know I can get over 400 miles to a tank.

Last edited:

MajorPickles

Glad you are enjoying the car and the best bit about the 4 wheel drive is NO WHEEL SPIN.

As for the ave MPG it has two settings No.1 resets after every 2hours or so and setting No2 keeps on going unless manualy reset (button under stalk switches between them).

I will need new tyres on mine soon so should be able to compare brands as currently on P Zero's, but they have lasted only 13000 miles as far as I can tell.

Bit off topic, but are you a rider or a spectator?

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
Glad you are enjoying the car and the best bit about the 4 wheel drive is NO WHEEL SPIN.

As for the ave MPG it has two settings No.1 resets after every 2hours or so and setting No2 keeps on going unless manualy reset (button under stalk switches between them).

I will need new tyres on mine soon so should be able to compare brands as currently on P Zero's, but they have lasted only 13000 miles as far as I can tell.

Bit off topic, but are you a rider or a spectator?

Thanks I will check the #1 and #2 settings. As I said I am still figuring it all out. The lack of wheel spin is good and if it does try it seems to get a 1/4 turn with wheelspin before the traction control cuts in.... As for tyre wear I am not sure how many miles are on the tyres but they seem to be quite fresh and have loads of tyre wear left at 9000 miles.

The trackday thing this weekend was to watch. I do a few trackdays and the odd Nurburgring trip. I would like to do more, preferably at the Nurburgring, but just don't get the chance. I have done some magazine testing at Bruntingthorpe which can be quite dull with only top speed runs and one or two good corners. The rest is dull. I used to race so trackdays don't have the same buzz for me as many who go. Also it is quite surprising how slow some of the riders are even in the "Fast" group. Most wouldn't know a racing line if it hit them and cannot seem to take the same line twice so it can be more risky than actually racing so I only do a few to keep my eye in.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise