Does anyone have an EGR blanking plate template available?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hi Lee,

Have you checked my thread?

You can buy the blanking plates from Jabbasport for £5 each and they are very well made.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
One part of the blanking plate yes. The turbo end i purchased from Jabba as it needs to be a certain thickness.

Guessing your going to do the same thing?

Toledo_130

Are you talkin about removing the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the botom of the egr??.. i have removed this pipe on 2 of my past vags..

Replacing both the exhaust and egr ends with a 3mm plate that i templated from the pipe ends and used the orginal gaskets..

no probs atal

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Just want to blank EGR off with something half decent rather than a template off a biscuit tin/coke can.

I assume that one blanking plate will be enough plus a 5mm hole to stop the CEL.

I wont be doing this as I haven't got the time or small enough hands.

validwarlord

Doing this Mod would you not have to have the EGR turned down by VAG-COM?

If so I would be up for this Blacking Plate as well

Toledo_130

Doing this Mod would you not have to have the EGR turned down by VAG-COM?

If so I would be up for this Blacking Plate as well

no.. but it can be turned off aswel using vag.com.. the vacuum pipe on the up of the egr may need to be disconnected and blocked off as some car bring up an emissions fault depending on the ecu/year etc and therefore goin into limb mode,

removing the pipe will solve the limb mode problem

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
no.. but it can be turned off aswel using vag.com.. the vacuum pipe on the up of the egr may need to be disconnected and blocked off as some car bring up an emissions fault depending on the ecu/year etc and therefore goin into limb mode,

removing the pipe will solve the limb mode problem
DOES NOT GO INTO LIMP MODE MATEY YOU JUST GET THE CEL LIGHT ON.
Glynn

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Lee,

Personally I think you got two options to make what your trying to achieve worth while.

1) Wingnut mod. It isnt hard just takes time and patience which I know you got plenty of.
2) EGR Replacement pipe and it mapped out by jabba.

Both will get you good results. One having benefits over other.

validwarlord

I run a Seat Leon FR Tdi 04 plate, I have disconnected the EGR pipe and yes I get the Yellow CEL light on which I can remove with the ECU reader but it's a pain doing it every 20 miles or so!!

If left would the light turn off and just leave the code in the ECU?

Cash tight at the moment due redundancy so mods are not a priority at the moment, that's why I thought of VAG-Com and some kind and understanding person to do it for me.

Although car already chipped, lowed, uprated brakes, cold induction kit, and a full Milltek System so one can not complain!!!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I run a Seat Leon FR Tdi 04 plate, I have disconnected the EGR pipe and yes I get the Yellow CEL light on which I can remove with the ECU reader but it's a pain doing it every 20 miles or so!!

If left would the light turn off and just leave the code in the ECU?

Cash tight at the moment due redundancy so mods are not a priority at the moment, that's why I thought of VAG-Com and some kind and understanding person to do it for me.

Although car already chipped, lowed, uprated brakes, cold induction kit, and a full Milltek System so one can not complain!!!
No.
you will find the light actually goes off and comes on again in an alternating way.
Once the gas values on the egr are breached the light will come on.
Under certain driving conditions the value will drop down again and the light will go off, but as said once the values are breachd again............
Th gasket with a 5mm hole in can still be inserted with the original one, thats if you have made the replacement from thin plate etc!
Glynn

Last edited:

validwarlord

Hi Glynnd

Any idea where to get one of these plates made/buy?

Also do you know of any theads that explain the Wingnut mod maybe this might help??

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Personally I would like to keep the ASV Maz (although tbh I don't know what it would be like without it).

Chris if you've picked any of this up I know you had yours done at Crowland and would ask if you miss the ASV.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
i have been running no asv in my egr since it died/cleaned/re-attached and to be honest, noticed absolutely nothing when i stop and turn off ignition, zip / nadda / nothing / zilch / not a scooby

yep cel is on all the time, just check & clear every week until can afford replacement to do wingnut & then map it out
was on at service and seat tech said it's nothing to worry about

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
THe whole point of keeping the ASV is in the event of a run away the engine will be choked by the ASV engaging thus saving your engine and gearbox.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members