Does anyone know if they have an immobiliser as standard?

samb12

Just a quick question, hopefully someone will be able to tell me!! Am looking at buying a ibiza 2l gti 16v (1997) my insurance company wont insure for theft unless it has an immobiliser! Does anyone know if they do as standard? thanks alot

vngtx

yes they do, its inside the key. get Seat to write a letter/email to the insurance company to confirm it and then you will get insured.

Pander

Jan 22, 2010
Corby.
www.facebook.com
They done that to me aswell, but I think theyre after an aftermarker one aswell ! I had to write/forge a letter on headed paper about the details of the immobiliser and send it away.

samb12

ah rite oki thanks for the help, are they decent cars to own? am jsut after a nippy little car thats not goign to cost a bomb and dont wanna go down the pug gti or saxo route, this seemed a decent alternative! any things i wna be looking out for when viewing one? thanks for the help

leon540

ah rite oki thanks for the help, are they decent cars to own? am jsut after a nippy little car thats not goign to cost a bomb and dont wanna go down the pug gti or saxo route, this seemed a decent alternative! any things i wna be looking out for when viewing one? thanks for the help

same here and yes they're really good cars plenty of vavavooooom shall we say leaves pugs nd saxo's standing

vngtx

any things i wna be looking out for when viewing one?

where to begin?.......:whistle: do a search for a thread called "you know you have a mk2 ibiza when...." and that will help. be warned, its takes 3 hours to read through ;) theyre perfect when everything works :D

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
where to begin?.......:whistle: do a search for a thread called "you know you have a mk2 ibiza when...." and that will help. be warned, its takes 3 hours to read through ;) theyre perfect when everything works :D

vince you rely have t stop telling people to read that thread :D if i had read that i wouldnt of brought one :lol:

samb12

yeah ok thanks for all the comments! going to look at it at the weekend i hope,

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I never bothered... Just told them I'd send them the certs in the post, they wrote to me every few months to tell me I wasn't covered for theft.

The OE immo isn't Thatcham approved, but is adequate.

No point in spending £200 on an immo on a £1000 car, with a couple of hundred quid excess is there....

vngtx

mk3 is a thatcham cat 2, mine is a cat 1. i have NO clue what the difference is. :blink:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
mk3 is a thatcham cat 2, mine is a cat 1. i have NO clue what the difference is. :blink:

One takes an extra 30 seconds to get the car started.

What the insurance company can't get into their heads is that if thieves want it they will have it. Either by releaving you of your keys and the glass in your back door or by using a tow truck!

vngtx

thats why ive got 2 immobilisers, no door pins, and a 4 month old prawn sandwich on the passenger seat to put them off getting in :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members