does anyone online have a armrest fitted

ja2007

Jan 15, 2007
having problems with mk4 golf armrest 4 my leon.the trim is hitting the centre console.therefore will not fit back on:doh: any idea would help

Deleted member 20482

best thing you can do is trim it down.
i looked on internet under "installing an armrest on a golf"
i know its not a golf but has pics..
also do a search loads on armrests on here.
sorry cant be more help

Deleted member 20482

no worries.
i did find an installation guide on the net regarding a golf mk4 armrest in a leon but it has gone walk abouts...cannot find it at all now..
hench the golf install..
give us a shout if you find it before me...recall it being very helpfull..its pretty much the same except us leon owners have to cut out the coin tray infront of the rear ash tray.. :)

ja2007

Jan 15, 2007
yep already done that(just cut out the base and left the side).im not sure if i need to cut out the centre console to the same shape as the armrest trim(without going to big/then needing a new console)or take a bit of the armrest trim.

ja2007

Jan 15, 2007
its ok ive finished.i took 1cm off the bottom of the trim it fits perfect.

Deleted member 20482

cool.
let me know if you can how it feels with the armrest down..
heard from a few seat owners that some like the armrest and some don't.
apparently it interfers with the handbrake....?
can i ask where you got the armrest from and how much....all i seem to find is jap imports which are abit on the flimsy side

ja2007

Jan 15, 2007
e-bay its of a mk4 golf i got it for £30.00 but had to spend another £20.00 on bits eg bracket and bolts.but i think worth it! and yes it affects handbrake but who cares lazy gear changes here i come!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.