Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 MJ
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Software Coding: 11510
Work Shop Code: WSC 66565
Additional Info: VSSZZZ1MZ3R126658 SEZ7Z0C2005673
1 Fault Found:
16804 - Catalyst System: Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 35-00 - -

Dealer says its the BF exhaust messing with the lambda settings :shrug:,anyhow spoke to Will at P-Torque and this can be mapped out when i go stage 2.Question is,why after i reset the fault code,does it not appear straight away?I'd have thought once engine was running,sensors would spot the problem?

i've just done near 400 miles,no code,then the light came on as i was sitting with the car idling(incidentally,this is when the light seems to come on the most)???

Can any of you in the know,explain why this happens please,and if it does require mapped out or just to keep clearing the fault code?
Thanks
Cowie

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You can keep clearing the fault code but it will come back. After a while the post cat lambda will detect the now more free flowing gasses and think there is a fault.
I had the same after fitting a full system. It can however just be mapped out, in my case by CC and it has never appeared since :)

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
the lambda does a cycle check on the sensor. so it will be fine for about 200 miles and then throw up a fault because the sensor sees the cat is free flowing and measures to much oxygen coming thru the engine and puts the light on

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I'm getting this fault code come up,along with the esp light on the dash:-
Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 MJ
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Software Coding: 11510
Work Shop Code: WSC 66565
Additional Info: VSSZZZ1MZ3R126658 SEZ7Z0C2005673
1 Fault Found:
16804 - Catalyst System: Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 35-00 - -

Dealer says its the BF exhaust messing with the lambda settings :shrug:,anyhow spoke to Will at P-Torque and this can be mapped out when i go stage 2.Question is,why after i reset the fault code,does it not appear straight away?I'd have thought once engine was running,sensors would spot the problem?

i've just done near 400 miles,no code,then the light came on as i was sitting with the car idling(incidentally,this is when the light seems to come on the most)???

Can any of you in the know,explain why this happens please,and if it does require mapped out or just to keep clearing the fault code?
Thanks
Cowie

Hi Cowie

You will need stage 2 so I can map out the lamda for you. Once I have done this you won't get the light again :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.