Dogbone mount or bushes?

Dan Dimaria

Hi, i have decided to uprate the dogbone mount on my lcr. Have been reading about it and some people have just replaced the bushes for polybushes saying that this gives the same gains. Is it necesary to uprate the whole mount, or can i just uprate the bushes for the gains i am after? Also where is the best place to get the mount or bushes from?

cheers, dan

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
People will always tell you its best to uprate the whole unit, which i partly agree with. However, i have just the powerflex bushes on the way, as i've heard a few good reports from people on here. I think it's all dependant on the driver and car, daily routes, what kind of driver you are etc

Powerflex bushes are avaiolble for around £20 - check their website for local stockists in your area

THS dogbone mount - around£55 from thsperformance.co.uk

There is another one that about £70-£80 available from awesome gti on this site, can't remember what make it is though

HTH

Dan Dimaria

thanks for the reply. I presume that the bushes in the ths mount are a lot stiffer? Will probably go with the whole mount, still weighing up the options though. Anyone else with views on uprating this mount or bushes?

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
ive just fitted a THS DBM and is has made the car alot better from changing gears to less wheel boop well worth doing the DBM

Dan Dimaria

sounds good, i reckon im going to replace the whole mount for a ths one, not a bad price on there, and they say you don't get the vibration like you do on other bushes.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
there shouldnt be any difference in changing the whole lot, im just doing the bushes, some companies sell bushes, some sell as a whole mount.

I ordered some off a powerseller on ebay a month ago, never turned up though. 15000+ feedback and you still cant trust them!

Aug 24, 2007
I may have it at work, will have a look for you.

Can you receive private messages ? I can't post the code publicly as its SCN exclusive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members