dogbone mount??

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
dogbone mount will it help on std LCR210

Hi guys

just a question, my car is practically standard, though typically when you try taking off pretty fast theres a fair bit of wheel hopping, if i upgraded the dogbone mount will this help traction???

also what else can i do to imrpove traction on take off????

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
ive got pretty good goodyear eagles on the front.

ok so if i change the DBM, what are the other to mounts called

and which manufacture mounts are decent??? and where can i get them from???

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
THS and INA do the engine mounts for a good price.
But remember, there is a difference between wheel hop and wheel spin.
Wheel hop can be helped with by uprating your engine mounts, wheel spin needs an intelligent right foot.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
in all fairness, its a bit of both, only had the car on the road for a week or so, but there is deffinetly an element of wheel hop, it was pretty dry and the front was just not sitting on the ground.

cheers guys.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I get really bad hop on my LC 180. Its impossible to do a decent launch from standing as the first 5-10 seconds are taken up with the car shuddering and then recovering.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Eh? I bought Falkens based on the good feedback they had got here and another forum.
I'm no tyre expert but they are much better than whatever was on it when I bought it, and it did the hopping on those too.

To bring back on the thread, I have bought the engine and dog bone mounts from INA and will fit them probably in the new year when the weather is kinder. I went for track db and road engine mounts.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Eh? I bought Falkens based on the good feedback they had got here and another forum.
I'm no tyre expert but they are much better than whatever was on it when I bought it, and it did the hopping on those too.

To bring back on the thread, I have bought the engine and dog bone mounts from INA and will fit them probably in the new year when the weather is kinder. I went for track db and road engine mounts.
Good choice with the INA mounts, there great.
The tyres are okay. On a FWD car you need all the help you can get to get the power down.
Better tyres would make this easier for you.
I've never had Falkens but have always stuck with what the reviews say and none of them even used these in the tests.

S3 Nattie

Sep 10, 2009
You tend to get wheel hop due to the movement of the engine. When you launch a car hard you will be transfering some of the load of the engine around the car, which usual goes to the rear of the car. This is why the front while rise and the back will squat down.

Having stronger bushes or uprated mounts will stop this weight transfer and help keep the movement of the engine to a minimum, provide more force on the front tyres which will help reduce wheel hop.

Aug 24, 2007
452's and an uprated dbm cannot overcome winter roads and 180+ bhp :)

I can vouch for that.

On warmer roads you still have to feed the power in gradually.

S3 Nattie

Sep 10, 2009
452's and an uprated dbm cannot overcome winter roads and 180+ bhp :)

I can vouch for that.

On warmer roads you still have to feed the power in gradually.

lol just gun it and and endure the fight with the wheel :lol:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Having just fitted a Weitec suspenison kit, new top mounts and wishbone bushes i find the wheel hop is hugely reduced but i am also looking into a dogbone mount to further tighten things up.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
just looked at the THS kit, pretty pricey hey.

i think im gona start with the DBM, whats the forge DBM like, any good????

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Face it guys, front wheel drive cars are never going to be free from wheel spin FACT, you can add this and that to help it but its still going to be there. Only realistic way of controling it is to keep ontop of tyre pressures, use good tyres, and maintain the suspension components. A dogbone mount will provide an improvement over stock and reduce the hop, but spin is allways going to be there. My tip is, learn how to use the pedals.

If i was going for 300+ bhp id go with an audi S3 and make use of the quattro.